High School graduate or equivalent required
Works under the supervision of the Clinical Manager and the general direction of the Director of Radiology. The individual(s) in this position are responsible for the maintenance of the patient demographic database via the archive server, image printing or CD creation for send outs/conferences/referring physicians, continued maintenance of film file room and response to image requests.
1. Files and retrieves radiologic films to/from file room and storage areas according to departmental filing system. Files may be retrieved for use in Medical Imaging or by other departments. Logs films in and out to track their location using the Radiology Information System.
2. Perform patient check in for imaging procedures in the Radiology Information System and update files in multiple computer applications to maintain past, current and future patient files.
3. Receives requests for information regarding films, answers routine inquiries from Medical Center departments regarding existence and/or whereabouts of films, retrieves requested films as appropriate, dispatches films following established procedures and maintains logs of films pulled.
4. Utilizes advanced computer technology to display film and store digital and analog images.
5. Perform other general clerical duties including answering telephones, providing routine information, taking and relaying messages, photocopying materials.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform on-call duties; when possible, will be scheduled for a particular shift, but may be required to work at any time for the department needs
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with patients, families, visitors, Physicians and co-workers
- Attention to minute detail
- Ability to calculate and interpret numbers
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data
- Proficient with MS Office, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- High School Graduate, GED, or equivalent
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...