The University of Kentucky seeks innovative, creative, and energetic applicants for the position of Undergraduate Learning Librarian. The successful candidate will actively participate in information literacy, assessment and campus outreach initiatives and will have a proven capacity to work effectively and collegially with faculty, students, and staff, in order to meet the information needs of UK's undergraduates.
Reporting to the Information Literacy Coordinator, responsibilities include:
Position is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track position.
- Serves as UK Libraries' primary contact for Composition & Communications program and other academic and non-academic departments that support the first-year experience, student success, and retention.
- Teaches curriculum-integrated instructional sessions for first-year programs and other targeted courses in undergraduate education.
- Collaborates closely with faculty to achieve information literacy learning outcomes in course-specific ways.
- Develops instructional materials, exercises, and/or tutorials.
- Collaborates on assessment of instructional activities.
- Provides research assistance through individual, small group, and reference desk consultations, and online user support.
- May serve as a subject liaison to a specific department.
- Participates in outreach and campus engagement that builds partnerships and establishes relationships with key university units involved with undergraduate education.
- Collaborates on initiatives that support student learning and faculty development.
The University of Kentucky is a public, land grant university of approximately 28,000 students, 2,000 faculty and 12,000 staff dedicated to improving people's lives through excellence in education, research and creative work, service, and health care. With over 200 academic programs across 16 colleges and professional schools, the University plays a critical leadership role by promoting diversity, inclusion, economic development, and human well-being.
Located in the beautiful bluegrass region of central Kentucky, the University of Kentucky Libraries includes the main William T. Young Library, Medical Center Library, Special Collections, Agricultural Information Center, Fine Arts Library, Design Library, Education Library, Transportation Library, Lexmark Library, Engineering Library, and Science Library. UK Libraries also manages the Kentucky Digital Library for the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Combined library holdings total more than four million volumes. The system has a faculty of 88 and a support and professional staff of 107 and serves a student body of 28,000. UK Libraries uses the Voyager integrated library system. UK Libraries memberships include the Association of Research Libraries, LYRASIS, ASERL, and the Center for Research Libraries. UK is a regional depository for government publications.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should attach three documents: a cover letter (Cover Letter), curriculum vitae (Resume), and the names and contact information of three professional references (Other Document).
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Preferred Education / Experience
- ALA-accredited Master's degree in Library and Information Science.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of one year information literacy experience in an academic or research library.
- Evidence of continued commitment to the profession that can result in meeting University of Kentucky promotion and tenure requirements.
such as online tutorials, LibGuides, etc.
- Teaching experience in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of information literacy standards, learning outcomes, and learning assessment tools.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in information literacy instruction, assessment, and instructional technologies.
- Demonstrated ability in designing and creating effective user-centered online instructional tools,
Deadline to Apply
- Demonstrated organizational ability and problem solving skills.
- Formal training in pedagogy, curriculum design, educational design, instructional technology, or educational technology.
University of Kentucky - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
The University of Kentucky will be one of the nation’s 20 best public research universities, an institution recognized world-wide for...