Department Supervisor in the healthcare institution has 24-hour accountability for a nursing unit for:
1. Providing supervision, guidance, and acting as a clinical resource person to the nursing staff while providing care in support of the patient plan of care;
2. Coordinating with ancillary departments to promote a team approach to total patient care;
3. Coordinating patient and family teaching;
4. Supervising and coordinating human, fiscal and other resources in concert with Program Director.
Directs and supervises delivery of patient care based on nursing process;
2. Assures the assignment of patient care is according to policy & procedure;
3. Facilitates communication related to patient care to all members of healthcare team as evidenced through feedback;
4. Provides direct patient care as defined by Staff Nurse Job Description.
Evaluates nursing care in accordance with policy and procedure;
2. Maintains department policies and procedures through review and revisions as outlined in nursing policy;
3. Assists in orientation of new associates by evaluating and observing preceptor and orientee throughout orientation period;
4. Takes immediate action as authorized in disciplinary situations and provides documentation to Department Director;
5. Participates in evaluation of staff by written documentation submitted to Department Director one week prior to review date of associate;
6. Maintains positive interpersonal relationships.
Introduces new equipment and supplies to unit value analysis process through policy & procedure development and inservice of staff;
2. Assures properly working equipment and appropriate supply levels through the use of work orders, product failure reports and effective Pyxis inventory management.
3. Validates that care provided to patients is consistent with clinical practice guidelines and is responsive to patient and family expectations of care.
Evaluates quality of care given and reports potential QA/RM issues to Department Director in written form;
2. Participates in achieving department Goals & Objectives and completing PI initiatives as assigned.
Participates on assigned committees;
2. Participates in department meetings;
3. Attends continuing education programs in areas of clinical practice and management;
4. As needed for department, plans and implements ongoing staff development program for nursing staff based on identified needs;
5. Facilitates staff attendance at the annual mandatory inservices.
All other duties as assigned.
graduate of an accredited school of nursing
two - five years nursing experience
current Kansas RN licensure, BLS required
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
KS-Garden City-St Catherine Hospital
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...