Recognizing the need to foster an enriched corporate environment, including training and education, organizational development and clinical support, RHD has created the Access Team. RHD is currently seeking a Clinical Consultant to join this team.
The position of Clinical Consultant in the Access Team offers the opportunity to be a member of this fast-paced, collegial group of 15+ creative professionals to support staff who work with consumers in residential units, outpatient programs and ACT teams. This position includes the support of RHD’s decentralized model of care by providing clinical support via clinical consultation, training and a variety of other clinical initiatives.
RHD’s Clinical Services include helping staff navigate in the human service world, supporting existing clinical programs, consulting on the development of new clinical programs, training, education and oversight. Since our consumers tend to live in small groups, our clinical work is based in systems theory, which grounds our interventions in the relationships with other consumers and between staff and consumers. Additionally, the Clinical Consultant position requires the ability to provide support by empowering work groups. Empowering working groups can include conflict management, coaching, and facilitation of meetings. This FT position requires the ability to think creatively and systemically while attending to details; to stay centered and constructive in the midst of change; and to ask questions, listen for understanding and integrate different perspectives for win/win outcomes.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Provide clinical consultation in a broad range of clinical settings (shelters, outpatient, residential, ACT services) with a wide range of clinical issues (homelessness, mental illness, intellectual and developmental disabilities, drug and alcohol challenges) with various populations
· Assess the functioning of the clinical program at an RHD unit and work alongside program stakeholders to further strengthen it
· Develop and hold committees of clinical focus that promote best practices
· Work with our Training and Education department to develop and provide clinical trainings for RHD staff at the program level as well as in group trainings
· Facilitate group meetings at the RHD Central Office as a member of the Access Team
· Promote values-driven thinking and behavior in all work
· Actively lead/engage in collaborative team processes
All candidates should have a Master’s Degree in Social Work/Psychology or related field. 5+ years of direct clinical experience post- Masters preferred. Prior experience as a clinical facilitator/consultant preferred. Travel required.
Resources for Human Development - 17 months ago