Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international energy company engaged in exploration and production, oil sands mining and integrated gas. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has a strong portfolio of assets delivering defined growth leveraged to crude oil production with exploration upside. At the end of 2011, Marathon Oil had net proved reserves of more than 1.8 billion barrels. The Company’s operations are located in the United States, Angola, Canada, Equatorial Guinea, Indonesia, Iraqi Kurdistan Region, Libya, Norway, Poland and the United Kingdom.
The construction technician will support the Bakken operations for the DUnn Center and New Town operations. This position will be based in the Dickinson, North Dakota office.
Responsible for assisting the operations group with the maintenance and upkeep of all Marathon owned pipeline systems within the asset. This includes, but is not limited to field wide water gathering systems, single and three phase pipeline systems from remote well and separator locations to central tank batteries and the rotating equipment associated with these first phase gathering systems. Act as an advocate and liaison for all non Marathon owned pipeline systems such as 3 rd party oil and gas gathering systems to ensure that Marathon’s interests are being represented. The successful candidate will work with the operations group to develop monitoring and maintenance programs for these systems. They will also work with the construction group as the field operations representative to review and QAQC new pipeline systems as they are being laid throughout the asset. Responsible for working closely with chemical specialists to ensure that adequate measures are being taken to protect the pipeline system. It is expected that this individual will take a hands on approach to the maintenance of these systems and will spend a significant amount of time in the field working with field staff on these issues.
- Monitors, controls, manages and audits the storage and use of spare parts, consumables and other materials necessary for the project.
- Manages, plans, schedules and coordinates all maintenance associated activities.
- Ensures execution of fabrication projects is within schedule and budget targets.
- Ensures quality control on all fabrication work scopes.
- Ensures all documentation is completed and presented for approval prior to the completion of each project task.
- Ensures that planned and unplanned maintenance activities are planned and executed in a cost-effective manner while maintaining and improving equipment reliability and operational availability.
- Ensures all maintenance/contractor personnel maintain the highest safety standards by ensuring safe working methods and practices are observed within all work areas in order to avoid accident or injury.
- Conducts and participates in regular safety meetings, tool box discussions and performs field audits to ensure compliance.
- Listens to and interacts with field maintenance/contractor team members and adjusts actions accordingly.
- Liaise with third party gathers at the field level to help reduce bottlenecks and improve reliability and deliverability of their systems.
- The Employee commits and is obliged to render services in the position with the Company under the terms and conditions set forth in this Job Scope Description and to carry out the functions that the Company entrusts to him/her at any given time.
- Additional or other duties will be assigned from time to time by the line manager or supervisor as required to meet business needs. This Job Description will be reviewed periodically to meet the needs of the Business.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Degree: Not Required
Major Discipline: Technical Field
Years Experience: 5 years or more experience related to directly to the operations of pipeline gathering systems. Planning experience preferred but not required
Computer Proficiencies: Familiarity with Microsoft Project and Office.
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
- Email this opportunity to a friend
Marathon Oil - 15 months ago
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and...