Senior Assistant: Administrative
Remote Work Authorized
Feb 14, 2013, 12:35:17 PM
Must be clearable to a Secret Clearance and EOD before starting.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs general office duties for department such as word-processing, photocopying, faxing, report generation, and filing; may provide specialized administrative support such as basic graphic creation for presentations and documents.
- Performs routine office duties according to business unit/functional area such as entering information into databases, compiling and analyzing simple data, and preparing reports and presentations to convey results.
- Coordinates outgoing department correspondence; may create original correspondence; assembles, addresses and mails documents; distributes incoming mail to appropriate personnel.
- Distributes documents to department employees such as faxes, staff calendars, or proposal responses; photocopies documents as necessary; ensures documents are received by appropriate employees.
- Schedules meetings and off-site functions; reserves conference rooms as appropriate; coordinates specific business unit/functional area activities as appropriate.
- Orders basic office and computer supplies as needed in order to ensure adequate supply. Contacts appropriate repair persons to service office equipment as needed to ensure continuous service.
- Answers incoming calls and routes calls to appropriate personnel; records messages and delivers to appropriate personnel; researches and responds to routine inquiries.
- Registers personnel for conferences and classes. May coordinate travel arrangements for employees; ensures travel dates are correct; reserves accommodations as appropriate to facilitate travel.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Three or more years of administrative assistance experience
- Experience working with administrative practices and procedures
- Experience working with industry writing style such as grammar, sentence form, and structure
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Skills in utilizing presentation and database software
- Good communication skills
- Office equipment skills such as faxing and photocopying
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good interpersonal skills for answering telephones and communicating with all levels of employee
- Good organization skills to balance work and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...