Under the general supervision of the Calit2 Wireless Networking Functional Area manager, the incumbent is responsible for the design, development and implementation of wireless network software systems. This includes the design and implementation of functionality/services for software defined radio (SDR) and related wireless/wireline network infrastructure. The ideal candidate has a strong working knowledge of the following tools and programming languages/environments: C/C++, Python, Java, Matlab, embedded system programming, Linux driver programming, and scripting languages. Experience with other tools, programming languages and simulators (such as Opnet, ns, QualNet, etc.) is a plus. In depth-knowledge and expertise of USRP (Universal Software Radio Peripheral) and GNU radio are highly desirable. An understanding of wireless radio protocols and algorithms, communication theory and simulation (specifically spectrally agile systems) would be beneficial as well.
UC San Diego is an Equal Opportunity / Staff Affirmative Action Employer that values a diverse workforce and provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities.
- Understanding and ability to develop software for low power wireless sensor networks, including but not limited to multihop routing, various sensor systems, WiFi network-to-sensor network interworking functionality.
- Understanding and ability to develop data logging systems for, performance analysis of multihop radio networks, network services (such as DNS and gateway discovery) in multihop networks, network topology tools, and VoIP services based on combinations of C++, JAVA, XML software.
- Working knowledge and experience using embedded systems programming including, but not limited to, Linux RTOS, TinyOS, C/C++ for embedded systems.
- Strong working knowledge of the following tools and programming languages/environments: C/C++, Python, Java, Matlab, embedded system programming, Linux driver programming, and scripting languages.
- Proven ability to set up and manage mail and other messaging servers, including add/edit users, customize security levels, and setup POP and SMTP protocols, as well as other messaging protocols.
- Proven knowledge of client-server networking communication protocols. Experience creating applications and protocols to facilitate client-server communications for web-based and multi-modal applications.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, learn about, and incorporate new server- and client-side technologies into web site design and function.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and tactfully with a variety of other technical staff and non-technical users; effective oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to work within a team environment.
- Knowledge of the UCSD computing environment and UCSD Web design guide.
UC San Diego Health System - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
UC San Diego Health System is San Diego’s only academic health system and is composed of UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest, and...