Teach For America – Houston is seeking a development coordinator who will work within our regional development team to support our corporate, foundation, and individual giving fundraising efforts. We are looking for a coordinator who is an excellent communicator, relationship-builder, project manager, and strategic thinker to drive this effort. The
development coordinator will work closely with all members of the development team to drive towards regional fundraising goals.
Founded in 1990, Teach For America – Houston has approximately 450 corps members reaching more than 40,000
students in traditional districts, public charter schools and early childhood centers. An additional 1,000 alumni are
working from all sectors to bring about educational equity. The region is supported by a funding base of over $9 million
this year, and regional staff members work to train and support corps members, continually strengthen relationships
with local schools and districts, foster the leadership of local alumni, and continue to grow the regional funding base to
ensure that Teach For America – Houston can have an even greater impact.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Development Team Support (40%)
Projects and Events (30%)
- Support the operations of the development team to ensure that the team consistently meets deadlines and is able to work efficiently to hit goals
- Maintain systems of operation for the development team such as processing American Express and personal reimbursements, calendars of Directors, and tracking the team budget to optimize execution toward goals.
- Provided support as the liaison to the regional Operations Management Team and work with other coordinators and associates to support regional team operations
- Manage the development team calendar and sales force database
- Report progress-to-goals in monthly regional dashboard.
- Apply knowledge to an internal data management system to track communications with donors and record donor participation in events and identify donor interests
- Ensure data accuracy for all reports in TFACT system
- Execute a project or event according to the team’s vision and direction
- Create detailed project plans for key initiatives and events
- Track deadlines or update organization systems to ensure team productivity and effectiveness
- Organize, plan, co-manage, and execute multiple development projects such as: “Sponsor A Teacher (SAT) Campaign.”
- Support team members to manage corporate, foundations, and individual giving donor base portfolios
- Create files and mail merge systems for periodic donor outreach
- Respond quickly to donors and external constituents on a daily basis
- Utilize social media to communicate with donors regarding relevant events and opportunities
Education and Experience
- Select incoming corps members (may require travel)
- Attend biannual development conferences (requires travel)
- Candidate Profile and Experience Prerequisites Skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong tech skills (including knowledge of MS Office and Salesforce)
- Bachelor’s degree with experience required
- Prior professional experience is preferred
Please submit the following materials:
1) A Cover Letter
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to
maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
Teach For America - 15 months ago
All kids—no matter where they live, how much money their parents make, or what their skin color is – deserve access to a great...