The Weitz Company of today descends from a small carpentry shop founded inDes Moines,Iowain 1855. Its client-focused culture offers expertise in private and public projects, as well as specialized sectors such as alternative energy and military construction. The Company's clients and partners receive value through sustainable design and construction, Integrated Project Delivery, lean construction and Virtual Design and Construction. Weitz is employee owned and ranks as one of the top 50 largest general building contractors in theUnited States.
The Weitz Company is looking for an experienced Quality Control Manager to be located out of our Guam office.
The Quality Control Manager is responsible for the implementation and management of the Quality Control Program. This individual is responsible for preparing the QC plan, conduct QC meetings, managing and coordinating the three phases of control (preparatory, initial and follow up), and documentation by QC Specialists, testing laboratory personnel and any other inspection and testing personnel. Perform submittal review and approval, ensure testing is performed, and provide QC certifications and documentation. Takes the lead role in all quality control efforts. Typically, the Quality Control Manager reports to the Project Manager and will have direct control over QC personnel assigned to his/her project.
Independent judgment, excellent organizational and time management skills, and the flexibility to coordinate multiple projects, excellent communication, public speaking, leadership, and supervisory skills. Must be proficient on the computer and be able to use Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. Therequirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed as a Quality Control Manager :
- A graduate of a four year accredited college or university program in one of the following disciplines; Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering Technology, Building Construction, or Building Science is necessary for this position.
- LEED Accredited Professional desirable. CAD/Architectural drafting desirable.
- Minimum ten years experience as a Project Superintendent, QC Manager, Project Manager, Project Engineer or Construction Manager.
- Minimum two years experience as a QC Manager.
- Familiar with the requirements of EM 385-1-1, and have experience in the areas of hazard identification, safety compliance, and sustainability.
Note: Experience requirements do vary based upon government agency (Core of Engineering, Navy, etc.) and geographic location
For more information and to apply please visit our careers page at www.weitz.com . When applying please send specific project experience and detailed information on how you meet the stated requirements.
BUILD IN GOOD COMPANY
The Weitz Company is an EEO/AA employer
The Weitz Company is a drug free working environment
The Weitz Company - 20 months ago