- Performs on-going daily shift assessments, systematic assessment/data collection focusing on physiological, psychosocial, and cognitive responses.
- Participates in cost containment through efficient use of human resources as well as control of supply consumption.
- Promotes, monitors, and maintains a safe, efficient, and effective nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards.
- Serves as a resource to support staff, management, and the rest of the hospital.
- Participates in professional growth of peers and others by sharing clinical or leadership skills.
- Promotes staff development through; appropriate orientation, education, team building and collaboration.
- Supports management team members through the goals and mission of Galichia Heart Hospital.
- Demonstrates effective delegation skills measured by Registered Nurse observation and peer input, and provides constructive feedback.
- Respects patient's rights.
- Understands basic anatomy, medical terminology, and procedures.
- Acts as patient advocate.
- Identifies and communicates staff, physician, and patient needs.
- Contributes to utilization, maintenance, and evaluation of equipment/supplies.
- Participates in department call as indicated.
- Participates in unit based CQI program.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Current, unrestricted nursing licensure in the state of Kansas.
Previous experience preferred.
HCA Inc - 19 months ago