Verenium Corporation is a pioneer and recognized leader in the development and commercialization of high-performance enzymes for use in industrial processes.
Verenium harnesses the power of nature and leverages its unique, patented technology to create enzyme products that maximize efficiency while improving environmental performance. We utilize our distinctive R&D capabilities to develop and sell enzymes to a global market.
Verenium is looking for a bright and enthusiastic scientist to join the R&D team. This is a key position that will fill a developing need for clear and dedicated analysis of gene families in support of specific pipeline project efforts. This position offers the opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team in a challenging and dynamic environment.
The Staff Scientist will be responsible for:
- organizing and leading a team of molecular biologists and fermentation scientists to achieve successful production of deliverables with efficiency and adherence to time constraints
- mining of sequencing, expression and array based data held in both internal and public domain databases
- developing expression constructs and troubleshooting expression of enzymes in several hosts
- generating insightful analysis of biological data to support our enzyme program
- providing Bioinformatics support to R&D department
M.S. or PhD with emphasis in Bioinformatics along with Molecular Biology or Biochemistry. PhD with at least two years of industrial experience or M.S. with at least eight years of industrial experience. Prefer experience in all three areas: Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology, and Biochemistry. Expertise in applying bioinformatic tools to perform data mining and data analysis.
- Extensive experience with applying bioinformatic tools to identify genes, pathways and enzyme families. Experience with protein modeling a plus.
- Understanding and usage of biostatistics and bioinformatic algorithms
- Understanding and hands-on experience in Genetics, Molecular Biology or Biochemical technologies
- Strong analytical and problem- solving skills
- Detail oriented individual with excellent organizational skills
- Highly self-motivated and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills
Competitive base and bonus based on experience; excellent benefits package.
Verenium is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Verenium Corporation (Verenium), possesses a portfolio of specialty enzyme products and is developing technical and operational capabilities...