Saint-Gobain is the world's largest manufacturer and distributor of building materials, and a leader in the production of high-performance materials and glass containers with more than 1,000 subsidiaries in 64 countries. Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 and is headquartered in Paris, France. Saint-Gobain had sales of $58.6 billion in 2011 and employs nearly 195,000 people worldwide. In the United States and Canada, Saint-Gobain had sales of $7.7 billion and employed approximately 19,000 people in 2011. The company has more than 150 manufacturing plants and 100 distribution outlets throughout North America. Saint-Gobain North American businesses include: CertainTeed Corporation (Valley Forge, PA), Norandex Building Materials Distribution (Hudson, OH), Saint-Gobain Abrasives (Worcester, MA), Saint-Gobain Crystals (Hiram, OH), Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Aurora, OH), Saint-Gobain Containers (Muncie, IN), Saint-Gobain Adfors (Grand Island, NY).
We are currently searching for a Director of Human Resources for Saint Gobain Performance Plastics in North America.
The Performance Plastics Division (PPL) is a global activity within the Company’s Innovative Materials Sector. PPL is a leader in manufacturing of specialty, engineered products from high performance polymers (fluoropolymers, PEEK, polyimides, silicones). The business has revenue greater than $1 billion with 43 manufacturing locations in 16 countries. PPL is organized along global business units and the R&D organization is aligned with this structure. The R&D budget is 4.3% of sales and is on a growth trajectory. The R&D effort, with 220 researchers, is carried out in three Central R&D Centers – in the US, France and China, as well as a number of business-specific Centers of Excellence. PPL has 35% of its sales coming from new products and has its technology protected by more than 250 active patent families. PPL has historical, internal growth of approximately 5% per year and is on a mission to boost this above 7% per year over the next five years coming from innovation. A major innovation process introduction and training is being launched across PPL.
This position works with the leadership of the Company and HR professionals in SGPPL, HPM and SGC to assure the development, recommendation and sound execution of SGPPL HR initiatives, policies and procedures. Responsibilities include Policy Development, Organizational Development, Employee and Labor Relations, Training and Development, Compensation and Salary Administration, Human Resource/Succession Planning, Recruiting, integration of acquisitions, and special projects as they arise from the President and others within the Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics organization.
1. Develop Human Resource strategies and policy initiatives for SGPPL in North America
2. Talent Development including Succession Planning for SGPPL in addition to the strategic staffing of key positions within the company as needs arise. Responsible in North America, consulted in WW-PPL
3. Provide day to day support of corporate and field HR professionals as well as providing counsel to Vice Presidents and other business General Managers in managing diverse HR initiatives and addressing situations with an HR dimension as they arise.
4. Contribute to the SGC HR Policy Committee to support the development of HR initiatives for North America and provide counsel on HR matters to the Senior VP HR
5. Co-ordinate with regional HR management and SGC HR to increase efficiency via streamlined operations, regional shared service organizations across all disciplines and improved HR tactical functions
6. Assist HPM-HR and Country Delegations in the succession planning, compensation, and organizational development for bands 7 and above (the management of PPL) for WW-PPL.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree with advanced degree preferred
a minimum of 10 years of extensive HR generalist experience with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role.
Headquarters and multi-plant experience in a progressive manufacturing company.
THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED IN EITHER HUDSON, OH OR NORTHBOROUGH MA.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
SAINT-GOBAIN - 23 months ago
SGC has been manufacturing HF equipment for more than 30 years, and has a worldwide reputation for quality and dependability - for NO...