Develop, implement and expand housing management policy and procedures that promote consistence, compliance with Fair Housing regulations, and meeting funding compliance requirements. Apply a thorough understanding of HUD Section 8, tax credits and low income subsidy requirements. Invoice resident services staff in planning and decision making at properties served by these staff or that have transitional housing program. Evaluate the compliance operations for required communities/division to insure compliance with the Low Income Housing Tax Credit, HUD-Insured Mortgage Programs, other affordable housing programs and loan requirements. Provide compliance oversight training to site personnel, corporate/executive team members as necessary. Additionally, perform other specialized duties and special projects as assigned.
- Conduct LIHTC compliance reviews and collateral inspections
- Review sites paperwork and tenant files for proper procedure, documentations and approval
- Review and analyze financial data and files submitted for properties to determine eligibility of applicant and take appropriate action as necessary
- Identify and monitor potentially troubled properties for non-compliance
- Conduct on-site reviews of management practices and physical condition of properties to determine compliance with applicable requirements; write and submit management reviews and reports in accordance with procedures
- Protects assets by establishing compliance standards; anticipating emerging compliance trends; designing improvements to internal control structure
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing regulations; recommending new procedures; complying with legal requirements
- Attracts new clients by maintaining state of the art compliance programs; bring compliance recognition to the company; providing leadership in the industry
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhances compliance and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Train staff and other team members in compliance training and procedures relating to the resident’s qualifications and record keeping throughout the year
- Develop management plans for new projects
- Report noncompliance to appropriate Regional and or Supervisor
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze financial information
- The ability to make effective presentations to groups in a clear and concise manner
- Capable of handling a large workload with regular deadlines and time pressures
- Strong and ethical decision marking skills
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in an effective and diplomatic manner
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective leadership skills
Experience managing a minimum portfolio of 8-10 communities with tax credit, knowledge of compliance with Tax Credits financing, HUD Project Based Section 9 funds, and some conventional for a minimum of 3-5 years. A Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Management, Business Administration is highly desirable. General understanding of equal housing opportunity, property management practices, and affordable housing and ownership/management issues; must possess a valid driver’s license. Must have excellent supervisory skills with a minimum two years supervisory experience with two or more employee, including providing training and developing the skills of others. The desirable candidate will have an ability to supervise an effective team to meet deadlines and set the standard for high and excellent performance.
Lincoln Property Company - 19 months ago
Lincoln Property Company is one of the largest diversified real estate firms in the US, with development and investment properties in more...