Job Reference No. 316890
Position: Quality Assurance Specialist
Duration: 2/25/13 – 6/28/13
Location: Harrisburg, Pa 17101
Employment Types: W2/1099/Corp to Corp
The Data Quality Assurance Specialist, DQAS, will work with the Division of Data Quality Data Collection Team and the Course data owner to collect, edit and assist Local Education Agencies (LEAs) with the correction of Course/HQT data.
DQAS typically is involved in analyzing data submitted to the client’s Information Management System (PIMS) to determine if it is accurate and complete. When errors, omissions and other data issues are identified, the DQAS will be responsible to communicate with Local Education Agencies (LEA), both orally and in writing, to help them understand and correct the errors
The DQAS is directly responsible to the Educational Statistics Director, Division of Data Quality and authorized personnel from the Pennsylvania Department of Education for programmatic direction and support.
All job functions are to be executed through the lens of high quality customer service. Customers are defined as both internal and external clients. Examples demonstrative of high quality service include, but are not limited to:
- Prompt responsiveness to inquiries
- Professional and courteous verbal and nonverbal communication
- Proactive problem solving
FUNDAMENTAL DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate the collection, editing, tabulation and summarization of PIMS Course data to ensure accuracy, reasonableness, and completeness.
- Contact institution staff, as necessary, to resolve discrepancies.
- Design charts and tables and apply statistical methodologies to interpret educational data using advanced statistical methodologies.
- Develops and/or utilizes computer applications for data storage, retrieval and manipulations to ensure data meets requirements of program offices.
- Prepares written correspondence and reports for internal PDE uses as well as external to the organization.
- Develops and maintains a liaison with public school administrators in order to develop a rapport required to ensure reporting of reliable and valid data, and to provide statistical support services with data submission and analysis.
- Ensure data is compliant with state and federal regulations.
- Require leadership capacity. Tasks are done with independence. Work is reviewed by supervisor through conferencing, reporting and informal reviews.
- Requires working with secure/confidential information, which must not be divulged without express written permission from program director.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Preferred Education: 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study
Interview Type: In Person or webcam, interviews scheduled for March 12.
- 3 or more years of:
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in English with others in all levels of group and individual contacts
- Ability to work cooperatively within a group of individuals at all levels, both internal and external to the organization
- Execution of all responsibilities with little direct supervision
- Strong Excel and Access Skills
- 2 or more years of:
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations which govern administration of data and of educational data, in general
- Knowledgeable in data analysis and maintenance, preferably educational data
- Resolve issues timely, including determining time estimates and scheduling for work
- Follow data quality standards
- 1 or more years of:
- Ability to present oneself in a business-like manner including personal appearance and a pleasant demeanor to others
- Communicate accurate and useful status updates
Mtech Consulting LLC - 16 months ago