Reports To: Supervisor
The main role of the Associate is to provide Quality Customer Care to A.C. Moore customers. The primary responsibilities for this position include activities on the salesfloor and/or in the backroom. Flexibility is key in this role. Associates often work in multiple areas of the store during each shift. Additionally, this position may handle recovery, light cleaning duties, and assisting in the Custom Framing department.
Salesfloor Essential Job Functions
- Provide Quality Customer Care to all customers by handling customer concerns quickly and sincerely, ringing up purchases with speed and accuracy, and by recovering the store consistently to ensure a positive shopping experience.
- Greet and determine the needs of all customers, and take them to the product or products of choice.
- Take special orders from customers and make recommendations based on needs.
- Ensure that the cash register till is balanced at the end of every shift, per A.C. Moore policy and procedures.
- Drive Reward Card sign-ups to meet company expectations.
Backroom Essential Job Functions
- Work as part of the early morning crew to receive and process freight to the sales floor within 48 hours.
- Responsible for the shelving of product and execute planograms as directed.
- Handle light janitorial duties such as sweeping, cleaning the restroom and breakroom and taking the garbage to the dumpster.
Essential Job Functions
- Answer the phones with the standard A.C. Moore greeting.
- Participate or assist with ad setups, classroom activities, and community events in the store.
- Understand the definitions and methods of retail shrink and comply with all Loss Prevention policies.
- Follow all policies as outlined in the Associate Handbook.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Adopt and Execute our Values of: People, Integrity, Desire to Be the Best, Passion, Enthusiasm and New Ideas.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Flexibility in scheduling; evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays required.
- Previous retail and/or customer service experience preferred.
- High energy level and positive outlook.
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Experience with arts and crafts preferred.
A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts, Inc. is a specialty retailer of arts, crafts and floral merchandise for a range of customers. As of July 2012,...