Major activities include but are not limited to: identifying, qualifying, and maturing business opportunities in the USAF/Navy aviation maintenance market. Incumbent has extensive experience in and knowledge of Department of the USAF/Navy acquisition methodologies. Incumbent has advanced mastery of USAF/Navy regulations concerning aviation relating to but not limited to: aviation maintenance, logistics, general material and equipment support, etc.
Directs business development efforts to secure new and re-compete business in the USAF/Navy markets. Oversees the identification, qualification, and preliminary strategy development of pursuit opportunities in the following market segments:
- Contractor Logistics Support (CLS)
- Contractor Operated and Maintained Base Supply (COMBS)
- Other emerging and existing market segments as directed
1. Ability to interact effectively with all elements of government and military personnel in order to discuss and initiate aviation maintenance solutions or initiatives with a definite focus on increasing sales.
2. Be professional, well spoken, and able to communicate effectively with both SFS management on our marketing strategies, goals and objectives, as well as effectively communicate with the highest-levels of Department of Defense personnel in meetings or presentations in order to generate interest or create "champions" of our products within our customer base.
3. Must have a good grasp of the Defense acquisition, especially in the USAF and Navy market, and military equipment product development aspects of the Defense business in order to apply these effectively to our sales goals and objectives.
4. Ability to work effectively with Vertex Program Management department to develop new offerings and improve existing offerings as desired or required by our USAF and Navy customers.
5. Willing to travel extensively to market actively our products and capabilities to all elements of the government and military, including representing SFS at trade shows, establishing direct customer meetings, serve on government/industry committees, panels, joint government-industry study groups and task forces.
6. Ability to develop and execute an effective and comprehensive business plan.
Bachelor's degree required in marketing, business administration or other related field
MBA or other applicable masters' degree desired
Fifteen (15) years or more of business development, marketing, capture management, proposals and/or sales experience, preferably with government or DOD customer
Previous experience with a good knowledge of USAF and Navy government acquisition process
Willing to travel frequently - primarily domestic, some international travel possible
Ability to maintain Secret Clearance
Extensive leadership and project management experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must possess a strong learning orientation
Previous military or Department of Defense experience
Familiarity with directives on aviation maintenance and readiness
Previous experience with government bid proposal development and contracts
Advanced skills with Microsoft PowerPoint and Outlook
Moderate skills with Microsoft Excel, Word and SharePoint
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 50% of the time
Vertex Aerospace LLC
L-3 Communications - 16 months ago
L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite telephones...