Overview Terex Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer and operates in five business segments: Terex Aerial Work Platforms, Terex Construction, Terex Cranes, and Terex Materials Processing, Terex Crane services. Terex manufactures a broad range of equipment for use in various industries, including construction, infrastructure, quarrying, shipping, transportation, refining, energy and utility industries.
This position will provide overall administration, compliance and implementation of various Terex team member Health & Welfare, Wellness and Retirement Programs at a divisional level. Responsibilities This position’s primary responsibility will be to oversee the AWP division leave of absence program, including regulated leaves and company leaves, with other activities to support the Benefits Department. The leave of absence program is outsourced to a vendor.
- Provides guidance in processes for reporting leaves and interpretation of leave policies and federal and state leave laws for team members, managers/supervisors and HR team.
- Vendor monitoring for accuracy and compliance.
- Administer other company leaves such as personal, bereavement and jury duty which not outsourced.
- Evaluating team member options at the end of standard leave periods for compliance with policy and ADA.
- Provides calculation of disability benefits, process benefits enrollments for team members on leave and enter weekly time coding.
- Interfacing with workers compensation vendor on required documentation for claims
- Suggest and create process improvements.
- Conduct leave of absence policy training.
- Day to day interaction with vendors, supervisors, managers and HR staff.
Partner with another benefits professional to provide day to day support and administration of company Health & Welfare, Wellness and Retirement and and other company sponsored benefit programs as well as provide backup when needed.
- Cross-train, understand and apply all HR/Benefits policies and processes.
- Support and roll out company initiatives such as open enrollment, wellness programs.
- Conduct benefits orientations
- Assist team members in understanding their benefits, including use of programs and services
- Educate team members by way of one on one communications, site events, training or written correspondence.
- Resolve customer service issues.
- Assist at events.
- Other tasks and duties to support the overall objective of the position.
- Works within a team environment to accomplish department goals.
- Travel occasionally (2-3 times a year) Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED required, college preferred.
- Three to five years direct benefits experience in a human resources department preferably with direct experience administering leaves of absence and other benefits.
- Understanding of ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, COBRA and other benefit-related compliance regulations.
- Direct experience using HRIS, Payroll or other benefits management systems.
- Proficient Word, Excel and Outlook skills. Examples include: experienced in v-lookup, pivot tables, formulas, mail merge, scheduling meetings and managing emails and tasks.
- Strong problem solving skills – able to determine the root cause.
- Able to conduct presentations and training
- Organized, attention to detail and ability to maintain thoroughness and accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Positive professional demeanor, dependable and self motivated.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and success in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Proven success at communicating with individuals at various levels of education and disciplines and a diverse workforce by way of telephone, email, face to face conversations, letters and training.
- Ability to maintain thoroughness and accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
This position requires someone with a high degree of integrity, ability to maintain confidentiality at all times, and who demonstrates a sense of urgency, purpose, good organizational skills and teamwork.
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...