Founded in 1999, MyWebGrocer (MWG) is the leading digital services provider for retail grocery, connecting retail brands to their consumers through ecommerce and online tools. Retail partners include Kroger, Brookshire's, ShopRite, Lowes Food Stores, Big Y, Food Lion and more than 110 other leading grocery chains. MWG also has the largest online grocery-advertising network, attracting advertisers such as Kellogg's, Unilever, Nestle, P&G and 90 other leading brands. Located in the historic Champlain Mill in Winooski, Vermont, MWG employs more than 180 professionals from diverse backgrounds, including database and development, customer service, web design, sales, marketing, graphic design, and account management. MWG is consistently ranked among the fastest growing companies in Vermont and is proud to employ the most energetic and dynamic team in the area.
MWG is recruiting for a Software Engineer to help develop software for a variety of projects that range from high-traffic web applications, eCommerce, web services, and mobile apps, to internal support applications. You will have the opportunity to be a part of our growing business and contribute to our cutting-edge online efforts for retail grocers and food manufacturing companies.
• Software development of next generation eGrocery solutions.
• Web application design and development
• SQL Server database design and stored procedure development
• Evaluate technical alternatives and feasibility; provide input for building detailed functional/technical design documents that offer the best solution to the problem.
• Consult with designers and team-leaders to evaluate and develop product specifications.
• Developing/testing/reviewing code & applications.
• Recommend, build, and deploy processes and procedures to enhance/support the software development life-cycle.
• Bachelor’s in computer science or related discipline or equivalent combined education and experience.
• 2 - 5 years software systems work with experience on large scale internet based systems.
• A self starter with ability to work in a fast paced environment bringing new ideas and technologies into the business.
• Web-Application and Web-Services development experience
• A basic understanding of High Availability, Load Balancing, Performance Tuning, Security, Web-Analytics, and Search Engine Optimization.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
Founded in 1999, MyWebGrocer (MWG) is the leading digital services provider for retail grocery, connecting retail brands to their consumers...