Due to growth and expansion of the Oncology program we are hiring 10 additional Telephonic Specialty Nurses to work in our Whitestown facility.
Schedule: Mon-Fri: hiring for morning, mid, and evening shifts. Hours of operation are 8am-9pm EST, with the possibility in the future to expand until 11pm.
Express Script is a leading healthcare company serving more than 60 million people. We offer a highly competitive base salary and an outstanding benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with Company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance, and an employee stock purchase plan.
Job Overview - Basic nursing functions and nursing responsibilities include for the Oncology Specialty Nurse (Telephonic) are listed below, but are not limited to:
Specialty Nurse provides clinical support to Oncology patients through therapy compliance initiatives. Specialty Nurse will document and report patient outcomes. Ensure collection and analysis of quality outcome data. Serve as a clinical resource.
Primary Activities for the Oncology Specialty Nurse (Telephonic):
Ideal candidate has a basic working knowledge in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Specialty Nurse coordinates patient care activities for ensuring therapy compliance by performing ongoing patient assessment, care planning, medication administration needs coordination and discharge planning/summary for chronic disease therapy.
- Specialty Nurse maintains patient documentation with focus on Adverse Events reports and performs chart audits as required.
- Specialty Nurse keeps abreast of the latest developments concerning new Oncology therapies, technologies or development.
- Specialty Nurse provides clinical consultations and information regarding services and therapy management to patients, physicians and other healthcare professionals as directed.
- Specialty Nurse participates in Continuous Quality Improvement process through outcome data gathering and analysis, makes recommendations, collaborating with other health care professionals, and conducting first level analysis.
- Specialty Nurse addresses service problems to resolution.
- Specialty Nurse provides nursing assistance to both external and internal customers and ensures that company standards are met or exceeded. Builds and maintains internal relationship throughout the company for the on ordination of patient therapy.
- Specialty Nurse participates in ongoing clinical education and training. Supports supervisor in implementing new processes and updating Standard Operating Procedures as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Adverse Event Form, Oncology Nurse, Telephone Nurse, Oncology Patients, Continuous Quality Improvement, Compliance, Assessment, Oncology Specialty Nurse (Telephonic), Zionsville, IN
Lebanon, IN, Brownsburg, IN, Westfield, IN, Carmel, IN
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree or equivalent, graduate of accredited school of nursing, active nursing licensure, and 3 + years nursing experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Medco Health Solutions, Inc. - 19 months ago