Fin & Operational Auditor
- Audits moderately complex business processes.
- Identifies inherent and residual risks and conducts risk-based audits.
- Develops an understanding of the function to be audited and uses business knowledge, analytical skills and experience in identifying findings and improvements.
- Works closely with team members to provide ongoing progress reports and updates of audit findings.
- Participates in routine and non routine projects/audits.
- Provides research and data analysis support for moderately complex projects.
- Stays abreast of new audit developments.
- Supports solutions that impact multiple business units and/or countries.
Internal Audit provides a unique opportunity to get a broad view of HP businesses and processes in a relatively short period of time. Internal audit is tasked with assessing how HP management is managing the inherent risk in our large, diverse and rapidly changing company....a huge challenge!
Depending on job level, the auditor will execute audit steps on an assigned process right up to leading large complex audits of an HP organization. Some travel up to 50% will be required Tasks will include:
- planning reviews and interviewing clients
- developing the audit program to be executed in the field
- executing the audit program and documenting results
- writing up audit issues and making recommendations to remediate control gaps
- testing controls as part of the company's SOX program
- Presenting audit results to senior management
Education and Experience Required:
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically 2+ years of related experience in finance, accounting or audit.
- Intermediate knowledge of internal audit policies and operating principles.
- Intermediate understanding of core HP businesses and the revenue cycle.
- Intermediate risk assessment and scoping skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Intermediate financial and business acumen.
- Basic project management skills.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
HP - 2 years ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...