CareCloud leverages cutting-edge technology to connect a disjointed healthcare industry. We’re disrupting the status quo by providing beautiful software solutions as useful as they are usable, helping practices increase profitability and productivity. Our applications are built using the state-of-the-art Ruby on Rails full-stack framework with a rich HTML and RIA web clients engineered and scaled to help us mastermind a revolution of the healthcare industry.
If you are passionate about technology, obsessed over user experience and thrive on solving complex problems, we want to meet you.
This is a chance to get in on the ground floor with a dynamic technology company backed by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital investors Intel Capital and Norwest Venture Partners. Poised for explosive growth and located in beautiful Miami, CareCloud offers a unique opportunity to work with a talented, creative and diverse team to build something that will change the world. Sound like a place for you?
We are looking for:
CareCloud is currently looking for a full-time Sr. Sys admin with a very solid Linux background supporting production systems and a deep understanding of cloud technologies.
The ideal candidate should have broad systems experience, can quickly pick up unfamiliar technologies, diagnose problems and keep everything running smoothly.
You will be a critical member of the Technical Operations team for a fast-growing, successful Healthcare IT organization. This team is responsible for the continuous, successful operation of our company’s core assets – the engine of our business.
In this role, you will be a key contributor to our day-to-day system operations. Your advanced system administration skills will be utilized on projects to dig deep into our application architecture and perform sophisticated performance tuning, monitoring and scaling.
Skills & Requirements
The candidate must be proficient and have real world experience with the following technologies:
Nginx, Apache, Postgres, Ruby, Rails, Passenger, Haproxy, Memcached, Redis, Nagios, Chef, shell scripting (bash, Perl, ruby, python etc…), Apache Tomcat, Solr, EC2 and Cloud Computing all in a pure linux environment.
- At least 5 years experience working in a production, Linux-based environment (hundreds or thousands of servers); at least 3 years personal experience supporting open source software. Minimum 3+ yrs of Linux configuration and administration, core operating systems expertise, including networking setup and maintenance, security and filesystems.
- BS/MS in a technical field, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of Cloud Computing, AWS is a must .
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver project milestones and production deadlines.
- Solid understanding of load balancing, horizontal scaling, UNIX-related network services, TCP/IP networking, DNS and HTTP(s)
- Ability to resolve or escalate problems
- Experience deploying distributed monitoring infrastructure with a large web-based company
- Available for on-call support, although the preferred candidate will be able to define and create a work environment where they won't be called at 3AM
- Experience with common development tools and practices
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized tools for every day tasks.
- Customer Service oriented personality
- The mental agility to cope with rapidly changing, ridiculously complicated, high-performing environments supporting massive loads effortlessly is a must.
· Responsible for maintaining, documenting and improving our growing infrastructure
· Responsible for maintaining impeccable uptime by proactively monitoring and implementing disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
· Maintain and expand our high frequency monitoring system
· Dig deep into our stack, from kernel to app to troubleshoot problems and improve system performance.
· Lead efforts to evaluate new tools and technologies and take leading edge techniques and technologies into use in our operational stack.
· Comfortable in 24x7 operations, you are experienced in the operations environment and capable of dealing with incidents and performing on-call shift rotations.
· Lead and direct team members’ technical work. Use your experience to mentor and coach team members. Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator.
· Deploy servers as needed utilizing scripts/recipes manage running instances and maintain cloud infrastructure. The successful candidate will have at a minimum some Chef experience.
· Experience in Ubuntu, RHEL/CentOS
· Experience with Amazon Web Services: CloudFront, Ec2, S3, VPC etc.
· Experience with Chef is highly desired
· Experience in scripting languages: Bash/Ruby/Python/Perl
· Experience with Sensu, Logstash, Graphite and other monitoring/graphing tools
This is a partial list of the technologies we use; the right candidate must be proficient with the majority of this list:
· Ruby on Rails