Bridgepoint Education was founded on the principle that education improves lives. Bridgepoint Education employees witness such change everyday. Accelerated careers, increased earning power and improved quality of life keep Bridgepoint Education employees motivated to make a difference with each and every student. Bridgepoint Education is doing well by doing good, and we value the opportunity we've been given.
Bridgepoint Education’s vision is to provide high-quality, accessible and affordable degree programs that meet the diverse educational needs of individuals pursuing informed personal goals and success in their professions and communities.
The Senior Network Engineer will work strategically with other senior Engineering team members to ensure that the core network services are maintained at the highest level to achieve optimal performance and to ensure the company has the ability to grow seamlessly from an IT infrastructure perspective. Technical responsibilities include installing, configuring, and maintaining the following systems and technologies: WAN/LAN, routing, switching, security firewalls, IP load balancing, Fiber channel storage area network, TCP/IP, public/private domain name space, SSL, BIND, 802.11, end-user remote access, and network access control. Non-Technical aspects to the position include IP address space management, project management, creation/maintenance of system documentation, capacity monitoring/reporting, system monitoring/alerting, and mentorship of junior-level team members.
This Position located in San Diego, CA, the Senior Network Engineer reports to The IT Infrastructure Manager.
Essential Job Duties:
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Strategic design of enterprise network architecture.
- Disaster Recovery, Capacity Planning, and system monitoring and alerting.
- Implementation, configuration, and administration Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3700, and 3500 series layer2/3 switches.
- Data Center network architecture maintenance and administration.
- Manage MPLS WAN network and associated Cisco components and devices.
- Administration of a V0IP enabled IP network for voice and video services.
- Install, configure, and administer the fiber channel storage area network.
- Manage and maintain corporate Internet access and associated firewall systems.
- Administer F5 load balancer active-standby pair.
- Vendor relationship management.
- Administer public/private domain name space and associated SSL services
- Install, configure, and administer 802.11abgn enterprise wireless networks.
- Strategically manage enterprise TCP/IP address space.
- Planning and project management of IT projects.
- Mentor junior-level IT associates.
- Assist in process improvement initiatives
- Assist external auditors, regulatory auditors and other 3rd parties as needed
- Assist in company-wide compliance initiatives
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior-level technical System Administration/Engineer role is a must
- Experience in a high growth, fast paced environment.
- 2-4 years experience designing, implementing, and managing corporate enterprise networks.
- 2-4 years experience managing enterprise infrastructure in a tier 1 data center environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft network services such as DNS, WINS & DHCP.
- Strong knowledge in TCP/IP and web technologies.
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a plus.
- Must have the ability to periodically work nights and weekends for technology rollout and maintenance purposes.
- Must have the ability to participate in after hours on call rotation every four weeks.
- Cisco and Microsoft certifications are preferred. CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, MCP, MCSE.
- Technical Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit and desk location, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls (i.e. mouse, keyboard, telephone), frequently talk or hear, reach with hands and arms and occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision of computer monitor.
Bridgepoint has built its corporate culture around its core values; ethics, integrity, service and accountability. Ethics is a central part of employee training and is reinforced on a daily basis. Integrity in the way we treat both internal and external constituents is paramount to Bridgepoint Education's success. Service at the highest level is expected and recognized. Last, accountability toward one's co-workers, students and role within the organization has allowed Bridgepoint Education to cultivate a high-quality management team.
By providing both online and campus-based programs at Ashford University and University of the Rockies, Bridgepoint Education offers access to both traditional and adult learners seeking high quality, convenient higher education degree programs.
We offer our team competitive benefits (M/V/D/401k/ESPP) and salaries, a safe work environment, innovative training, accelerated career advancement, the ability to take classes and programs gratis, and a collegiate and collaborative environment to work and grow in. Bridgepoint Education understands that our success depending on the development of strong leadership within the organization.
To be considered an applicant, all interested and qualified parties MUST apply through the Bridgepoint Education online employment application system.
For additional information about our organization, please visit www.bridgepointeducation.com.
Bridgepoint Education is an Affirmative Action employer that provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era or special veteran status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Bridgepoint thrives on an ethos of invention. We are innovators and educators who make learning more accessible, valuable, and meaningful...