Enigma is an ambitious project. It is a high performance big data web application with a number of exciting UI and performance challenges. As we serve an increasing amount of data to more users, we need someone to who can help us build a truly responsive, solid and consistent experience.
- Work in close collaboration with our lead designer to implement and iterate UI and Interaction designs
- Build reusable front-end frameworks
- Highly optimize UI performance bottlenecks
- Stay in sync with engineering team and integrate innovations
- Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
- Quickly prototype wild ideas
Skills & Requirements
You need to have:
Cherries on top:
- Expert knowledge of latest web technologies (HTML5/CSS3)
- Proficiency with JQuery
- Proficiency with Git
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- Passion for UI performance debugging and benchmarking
- Passion for graphic design, web typography and grid-systems
- 4+ years of experience building rich applications with HTML/CSS/JS/AJAX
- Experience with Backbone.js or any other JS MVC framework
- Experience with D3.js or any other JS data visualization framework
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3)
- Experience with *nix (We mainly use Fedora)
- Experience in online print development
We are a team of 12, with an age average of 25, with past experience in web development and design, a strong sense camaraderie and great work ethic. The co-founders have a strong vision for the future of the product and are really passionate about making a dent in the universe of big data.
We don't care about startup hype. We are fanatical about building a clean, no-nonsense high performance product that just works and blows people away.