Flagstar Bank, headquartered in Troy, Michigan, is a full-service bank with 111 branches in communities across Michigan. Chartered in 1987 as a federal savings bank, today Flagstar has assets of $14.0 billion. We are the largest banking company headquartered in Michigan, the ninth largest mortgage originator in the country, and one of the nation's top 15 largest savings banks. We offer a wide range of products and services for individuals and businesses — all delivered with award-winning service. From consumer loans and credit cards, to treasury management and specialty lending, we bring the full resources of a commercial bank to our customers.
We like to pride ourselves on being a different employer as well. You'll find a dynamic work environment where employees of all levels interact with one another, exchange ideas, and grow personally and professionally. People power our business.
We are seeking a Compliance Specialist to assist the Compliance Officer and Compliance Department with developing and implementing an overall Compliance Plan to insure compliance with all applicable State and Federal laws, rules and regulations.
- Monitor and review changes in law and regulations daily and provide information to the Compliance Officer, the Compliance Department, and others, as appropriate
- Monitor and review all polices, procedure manuals, marketing materials and bank forms and agreements, to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations and ensure compliance with bank policies and procedures
- Act as onsite liaison for internal audits relating to all compliance matters (non safety and soundness)
- Assist other compliance staff to update and prepare all compliance policies for Board review and approval periodically pursuant to schedule
- Assist other compliance staff in providing periodic compliance training and develop a program with assistance of Human Resources to ensure bank officers and employees also receive needed compliance training.
- Provide subject matter expertise with respect to Truth in Lending Act, Reg Z, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act and Reg X
- Provide guidance to business units with respect to investor guidelines and state laws
Flagstar Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- High School Diploma, Associate or Bachelors is preferred.
- 10 + years of experience working in compliance role for a bank.
- CRCM is preferred
- Ability to work well with various levels of management
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
Flagstar Bank - 19 months ago
Flagstar Bancorp is the holding company for Flagstar Bank, which operates about 115 branches (including some in retail stores) in...