Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
Work as part of a team in the development of next generation base station products. The role of the software engineer includes, but is not limited to, full life cycle development using C++ based Object Oriented iterative approach. Responsibilities will also require coordination of efforts between software and hardware development teams.
This is a great opportunity for a software engineer who is seeking a product architecture and development challenge. The candidate should enjoy hands on software design and development. This position provides an opportunity to learn and use leading edge development tools and practices (model driven development using Rational RT, autocode generation, agile practices). It also provides the opportunity to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Master's Degree
- 1 year of software engineering experience
- Experience with C required
- Experience with C++ and UML/Object Oriented applications required
- Understanding of real time and embedded environment concepts required
- Familiarity with Clearcase and Clearquest is required
- Familiar with Rational Rose modeling tools desired
- Desire to follow and improve a defined software development process
- Advanced debugging skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work with and debug legacy code
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.