Job Description: Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
This team has the charter to develop, integrate and release the Firmware and Drivers to the Platform Integration team.
You will be in charge of defining, deploying and supervising our automated firmware/software integration solution, including Software Configuration Management, and scale up this solution to meet our new challenges, in terms of number of software variants to be supported, and increased delivery cadence. The job is also about coordinating new development of our Integration Automation System with our Platform Integration team
International context and multiple worldwide interactions with development teams, build team and validation and test teams, very dynamic collaboration and fast pace interactions. You possess strong communications skills, system engineering experience.
Required experience and Education
- You must have either a Masters in Computer Engineering or Computer Science with 5+ years of experience as a software engineer in related field(s)
- 5+ years of experience in configuration management systems and continuous integration servers
- Experience of System Integration in mobile phone and mobile platform industry
- At least 2 years experience in coordinating and leading meetings with multiple worldwide sites
- A successful experience deploying and maintaining automation solution as well as monitoring tools
- A background of working on some or all of the following will also be relevant: Mobile Phone/product, Product shipment, Software/System debugging
Apr 11, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 19 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...