Job Post - 50501172
Job Title New Business Account Manager Employment Type Reference Code
Regular Full-time 0002-NC50501172_001 Location
Enfield BRIGHT MEADOW - MMFG
Company Chartered in 1851, Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (“MassMutual” or the “Company”) is a leading mutual life insurance company that is run for the benefit of its members and participating policyholders. The Company has a long history of financial strength and strong performance, paying dividends to eligible participating policyholders every year since the 1860s. MassMutual is headquartered in Springfield, Massachusetts and its major subsidiaries include OppenheimerFunds, Inc., Babson Capital Management LLC, Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers LLC, Baring Asset Management Limited and First Mercantile Trust Company. MassMutual Financial Group (“MMFG”) is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company and its affiliated companies and sales representatives. MMFG is a global, diversified financial services organization providing life insurance, disability income insurance, long term care insurance, retirement/401(k) plan services, annuities, investment management, mutual funds and trust services to individual and institutional investors. With whole life insurance as its foundation, the company’s strong and growing network of financial professionals helps clients make good financial decisions for the long-term. MassMutual, or its subsidiaries, also have operations in Asia, Europe and Latin America. MassMutual has maintained some of the highest financial strength ratings in any industry, and is committed to maintaining a position of preeminent financial strength by achieving consistent, long-term profitable growth. In total, MassMutual's worldwide insurance in-force was $503.7 billion at the end of 2011, and assets under management were $443 billion. Premium and other deposits totaled $22.9 billion for 2011. MassMutual is ranked 121 on the 2012 Fortune 500 list and was also named one of Fortunes “Most Admired” companies.
Department Retirement Services New Business Operations
MassMutual is an industry-leading innovator with a passion for service and the power to maximize retirement success through needs–based solutions. We’re the difference between just thinking about retirement success and helping make it happen. If you have a desire to be the difference and you have a desire to be the difference and are an enthusiastic, motivated individual with a passion for exemplary customer service, we have opportunities for you.
Job Summary Working under general supervision, converts clients’ plan participant data to the organization’s own in-house recordkeeping and payment systems. Assists in coordinating responses to day-to-day client service requests during the installation and conversion process. Works closely with managers and staff throughout the DC business.
Role Characteristics • Seasoned individual capable of handling broad scope projects that have short to medium-term focus
Job Responsibilities & Requirements As a New Business Account Manager, you would be responsible for facilitating accurate plan asset transfers and data collection for bundled defined contribution qualified plan installations. This position works with prior service providers, plan sponsors, and internal partners to ensure data integrity.
- Works with guidance on more complex projects
- Capable of applying knowledge to handle all but the most complex problems independently
- Anticipates change and directs or redirects efforts • Looks for and finds ways to improve operations
- Individual typically has at least 5-7 yrs of related experience
Additional responsibilities include:
This position requires a motivated individual with excellent organizational skills and a strong ability to multi-task and adapt to rapidly changing priorities. Skills should include the ability to effectively prioritize competing tasks, the ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously, clear communication skills and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain meaningful working relationships. A successful candidate would have a minimum of three years experience with Defined Contribution plans. A high level of Excel proficiency is required.
- Educating clients on the administrative processes of MassMutual
- Providing training for new client on our Plan Sponsor and participant websites
- Conducting conference calls with Payroll Providers to establish the contribution process
- Participating in projects to obtain or ensure the retention of business
- Conducting client visits, sales presentation, and/or installation meetings
Winning Ways • Focus on the Customer: Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency. • Act with Integrity: Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards and adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies • Value People: Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences. • Work Collaboratively: Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources • Achieve Results: Focus on winning; consistently exceeds expectations, beat the competition
- Converts clients’ plan participant data to the organization’s own in-house recordkeeping system
- Facilitates accurate plan asset transfers and data collection
- Provides primary day to day contact regarding participant-level and processing issues
- Provides primary day to day contact for clients and Advisors on administrative issues
- Educates clients on the Administrative processes of MassMutual
- Works with the Participant Information Center to complete PIC notes and capture other relevant information
- Provides TRC and Journey training for new clients
- Conducts conference calls with Payroll Providers to establish the contribution process
- Participates in weekly installation status calls
- Ensures data integrity on installations
- Ensures proper documentation to support RS initiatives and improve the value equation to the sponsor
- Participates in projects to obtain or ensure the retention of business • May conduct client visits, sales presentation, and/or installation meetings
MassMutual Financial Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D).
MassMutual Financial Group - 17 months ago
MassMutual's business structure is built to support its mutual ownership. MassMutualâ€™s strategic investments in...