We have a great career opportunity for a Production Supervisor who can effectively motivate and manage a team of about 30 people responsible for producing hardwood flooring products. The successful candidate will achieve excellent results through coaching and team development, effective schedule optimization and identification and implementation of new and improved processes. This position will work closely with a multi-functional team in driving process improvement and cost reduction initiatives using innovative tools such as lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and equipment optimization.
The Production Supervisor supports our Beverly, WV plant, operating three shifts and employing approximately 700 employees. The position reports to the Production Manager and is responsible for leading and managing daily production on one of our manufacturing lines. Though schedules do not change frequently, flexibility with scheduling/shifts is required of supervisors.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an important role in manufacturing. You will be producing tangible, quality building products while enhancing your skills in diverse areas such as lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, tooling, equipment maintenance, TPM, 5s, and optimization, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance. This position presents future growth opportunity and the chance to advance, through achievement and leadership, into a departmental leadership role. The Production Supervisor is accountable for providing effective leadership and coordination of all production activities within the department and shift.
- Leading the daily activities of the assigned production crew who are engaged in operating variety of machines to manufacture solid wood flooring
- Managing production schedules
- Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Spearheading a safe working environment
- Promoting the effective utilization of equipment, materials and people
- Maintaining daily production numbers in order to meet budget constraints in a safe and efficient manner
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 3 years of production supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Project management skills preferred.
- Experience with lean manufacturing, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies preferred.
- Willingness to work occasional Saturday's or off shifts (required).
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Solid mechanical knowledge, including machine operation, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance
- Union experience
We offer competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, long and short term disability coverage, 401k plan, paid time off, and product discount programs.
About the Company:
Established in 1860, Armstrong World Industries, Inc. is a multi-billion dollar global leader in the design and manufacture of floors, ceilings, and cabinets with a focus on innovation, design, and environmental sustainability. Based in Lancaster PA, Armstrong serves both the residential and commercial markets operating plants and distribution centers in eight countries with over 9,000 employees worldwide.
About the Location:
With approximately 17 acres under roof, our Beverly Plant manufactures solid wood floor products and is the largest Kiln facility east of the Mississippi. It is one of the larger employers in the area with approximately 600 employees working multiple shifts in manufacture and shipment of our wood flooring products.
Located in the heart of West Virginia, Beverly is surrounded by beautiful mountain ridges, geological wonders, historic Civil War sites, state parks and national forest recreation areas. The town is also conveniently located within an hour's drive to some of the best ski resorts that West Virginia has to offer (Snow Shoe, Canaan Valley and Timberline).
Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Manufacturing Management & Plant Operations
Primary Location: WV-Beverly
Other Locations: WV-Beverly
Armstrong is a leader in the design and manufacture of floors and ceilings. Our innovative residential and commercial product designs,...