Provide a program focused on student-centered environment, meeting learning and developmental needs of each student. Develop students through education which fosters them to become active and productive members of their families and communities. Teachers must have a commitment to public urban education and the development of Introductory and Advanced Spanish skills.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree Required
LICENSE: Must hold valid Indiana Teacher's License Secondary Spanish and Language Arts (English)
EXPERIENCE: Have experience teaching reading to middle and high school students - Have knowledge of communities from which students come - Possess good oral and written communication skills - Work well in teams - Enjoy working with young people and have strong relationship-building skills - Computer literate.
• Make classroom learning relevant to student lives.
• Provide an exciting and motivating classroom experience for youth via diverse and integrative instructional methods.
• Utilize student assessments and evaluations to inform teaching practices.
• Maintain attendance records for all classes taught.
• Utilize positive classroom management skills to promote respect, discipline, and collaboration in both classroom and school environments.
• Meet with parents regularly to discuss academic and social progress of students, inspiring students to reach their highest potential.
• Follow curriculum guidelines established by the Indianapolis Public School System.
• Recognize the importance of being a reflective practitioner.
• Possess a willingness to collaborate and share practices with colleagues in PLC's.
• Actively participate in meetings, conferences, media events, and/or social justice related activities within the school, community, and organization as requested by school administration.
• Attend and participate in school programs such as dances, graduations, dinners, and parent meetings.
• Monitor student body adherence of school rules such as discipline and uniform codes.
• Serve as a monitor for specified areas of the school building as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned by administration, including non-instructional duties.
k12jobspot.com - 15 months ago