Responsible for the coordination and tracking of Regulatory and Investor exam management, quarterly reporting, response tracking and other special projects for Governance Department. A high degree of judgment is required, specifically in identifying and escalating potential issues. The adverse risks associated with deficient performance of these responsibilities are considered material to the corporation’s ability to meet business objectives.
- Assist the Servicing lines of business in their preparation and responsiveness to all current and future audits and examinations.
- Manage regulatory/investor exam communications and deliverables working with all Mortgage Servicing departments.
- Coordinate & prepare document requests for all upcoming regulatory and investor audits for assigned business units.
- Work with business and support areas in gathering and reviewing materials to ensure concerns or gaps in regulatory compliance with laws and regulations are identified and to ensure completeness of materials being delivered
- Monitor assigned exams' progress and escalate as appropriate and to appropriate levels of management to ensure examiner requests are fulfilled timely and areas of concern are appropriately addressed
- Assist with document tracking to ensure timely management responses to supervisory letters and communications with regulators on various topics.
- Coordinate and track work-flow to ensure timely management responses to supervisory letters and communications with regulators on various topics, as needed
- Collaboration with business partners to establish risks and issues tracking, status reporting, and other management action plans for major efforts and coordinate through to completion
- Assist business in preparing response and action plans to matters requiring attention arising from exams.
- Maintain and updated audit tracking system and databases. Develop and maintain scorecards, analytics and reporting to effectively and efficiently monitor the operating performance of the Servicing controls.
- Maintain lines of communication with servicing supervisors/managers to stay informed of procedural and staff adjustments
- Establish and maintain working relationships with regulators under the direction of the Regulatory Reporting Manager.
Training and Experience
- Ability to change and grow in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to promote a partnership approach to compliance oversight.
- Ability to review and communicate audit results pertaining to regulatory, investor, agency and corporate policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent priorities and bring projects to completion in a timely manner
- Detail oriented with good analytical skills and experience.
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written.
- Excellent computer skills and strong technical knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills - internal and external.
- Experience in reviewing policies and procedures.
- Experience with regard to consumer laws and regulations.
- General knowledge about mortgage or consumer lending.
- Knowledge of consumer, mortgage, and commercial loan origination and servicing operations.
- Works well independently and within a team dynamic.
- Loan document imaging systems
- Mortgage origination and servicing systems
- MS Office Professional – Access and PowerPoint a plus
- On-line learning technologies
- Strong internet research skills
Pre-Employment Screening Includes:
- Minimum 7 years experience mortgage servicing with advanced knowledge of Investor and Federal Regulation Requirements
- Minimum 3 years Regulatory or Servicing Compliance related experience
- Previous Audit Management Experience preferred
- College degree preferred, can be offset with minimum 10 years mortgage banking experience
- Assessment Screening
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen – after offer of employment is extended and before start date
- Past Employment Verification
- Social Security Verification
Everbank - 18 months ago
EverBank Financial and its subsidiaries provide a range of financial services including banking, investment services, lending, commercial...