I&E Technician/Specialist - Lysite
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 30 countries, $58 billion in annual revenue, $117 billion of assets, and approximately 16,900 employees as of Dec. 31, 2012. Production from continuing operations averaged 1,527 MBOED in 2012, and preliminary proved reserves were 8.6 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2012.
Responsibilities may include:
- Providing electrical, electronics, communications and instrumentation support to maintain wells, equipment and facilities consistent with the Asset's business direction and in a manner that is safe, efficient and environmentally sound.
- Participating in project planning including P&ID development, Cause & Effects Development, RTU and Control System design.
- Performing all duties in compliance with COPC Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Management System, applicable government regulations, and industry best practices.
- Maintaining and optimizing SCADA communications systems and programmable logic controllers. ( Allen -Bradley, Bristol, Idec)
- Installing, troubleshooting and maintaining electrical, pneumatic, process controls and new equipment as projects dictate.
- Training and mentoring Systems, Engineering and Operations staff.
- Supervising contract labor in the installation, maintenance, and operation of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- Valid driver's license
- Willing and able to perform/comploy with the following:
- Climb various ladders and stairs to perform maintenance on equipment. The ladders and stairs range up to 50 feet in height
- Raise and transport articles weighing upt o 50 pounds
- Walk, stand, stoop, sit, climg, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
- Work outside in harsh weather conditions
- Work alone a high percentage of the time
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Be on call
- Work unscheduled overtime
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of
July 5, 2013
- Associate's degree in Instrumentation & Electrical (I&E) or related field
- Advanced level of knowledge with SCADA systems
- 3+ years direct experience in the I&E field
- 3+ years direct experience reading instrumentation and electrical diagrams
- 3+ years experience working on control system equipment (PLC's, DCS)
- Strong commitment to Safety
- Proficient (perform with limited assistance) with Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Orientation toward continuous process improvement
- Ability to supervise contract labor effectively
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an equal opportunity employer
Individual Contributor/Staff Level
ROCKIES BUSINESS UNIT
Line of Business
Exploration & Production
Jun 21, 2013, 2:36:23 PM
ConocoPhillips - 18 months ago
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston,...