Job Category: Software Engineering: Program Management
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 829342-105841
Division: Retail Stores
E-commerce continues to be one of the fastest growing and exciting areas of technology and the consumer audience. As part of our direct-to-customer retail strategy, Microsoft Store (www.microsoftstore.com ) is now one of the largest sellers of Microsoft products worldwide! Over the course of the next few years we will redefine the technology shopping experience through significant investments in digital and ecommerce marketing, and, of course - innovative technology. If you like a team that offers the fast-paced, high-energy culture of a start-up - blended with the more mature planning, strategic thinking and resource investment that is typical of a more established Microsoft business, then this may your next strategic career move.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MicrosoftStore.com is looking for technical PMs who are passionate about e-commerce to help build out a world-class e-commerce platform, consumer experiences, distribution capabilities and partner integrations. To enable consistent direct-to-consumer customer commerce across all Microsoft products and services, Microsoft is investing in a comprehensive online transaction platform across digital distribution, customer service, production and merchandising tools, and supply chain. You will drive the overall business scenarios, drive user stories and prioritization and collaborate closely with engineering to define user acceptance criteria to maximize sales and customer experience. By helping drive a focused initiative to help consumers research, buy and get support for the products they purchase from Microsoft, you are bringing a “One Microsoft” commerce strategy to life.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position demands the ability to quickly come up to speed on new technologies and leverage past experience to solve new problems.
- Define roadmap for platform, features and scenarios across MicrosoftStore.com.
- Identify requirements, define specifications, author user stories for next-generation Store.com platform to make distribution a driver of competitive advantage for Store.
- Manage on time delivery with engineering team of high quality releases in agile environment.
- Be a passionate advocate for a great end-to-end consumer experience.
- Provide technical and thought leadership
- Successful track record working cross-team and developing products across multiple ship cycles. You have a high standard for what excellent software looks like, and are prepared to hold everyone to your standards.
- Comfortable in an agile setting: short development cycles, multi-disciplinary roles working across Microsoft and third parties.
- Experience in release management.
- Experience in e-commerce and supply chain management is a plus.
- Technical depth - you’ll need to work with developers and testers and make technical decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communications (you’ll be writing PM specs) and communicating to executive stakeholders across
- Creative thinking and ability to drive results
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- 4+ years of Program Management experience in a product team shipping customer-focused products
Microsoft - 24 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...