Covidien is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes and delivers value through clinical leadership and excellence. Covidien manufactures, distributes and services a diverse range of industry-leading product lines in three segments: Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Supplies. With 2012 revenue of $11.9 billion, Covidien has 43,000 employees worldwide in 70 countries, and its products are sold in over 140 countries. Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Covidien – both in the lives of others and your career.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Summary of Position:
This position supports the Global Sourcing department, Sourcing Excellence team, providing analytical work to help evaluate supplier spend as well as engage and assist in key process initiatives for the department.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Analytical support and analysis to identify top spend opportunities. Analysis to include category, GBU, Site, and Function. The analyst will work with the Category and Commodity Directors and Managers in support of their assigned responsibilities.
- Support the Sourcing Excellence Program Director in developing key process initiatives for the organization. Typical projects could include Sustainability Initiative, Total Cost of Ownership, New Product Introduction, and other projects as needed.
- Participate and support the eSourcing process through the ARIBA tool, as required. Tasks can include reporting, training, and facilitation of event.
- Support the Sourcing Excellence Project Coordinator with the Small, Small Disadvantaged Business program.
- Support ad hoc research requests from the organization.
- MBA candidate with concentration in Supply Chain focusing on Global Sourcing or Procurement Process
- Previous experience a plus, but not required
- Multi lingual capabilities desirable, but not required
THIS IS A 6 MONTH CO-OP POSITION. THE DURATION OF THIS ROLE IS FROM JUNE 2013 thru DECEMBER 2013.
Covidien - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
As a global healthcare leader, we drive advances in medical devices and medical supplies. Thanks to our scale, scope and pioneering spirit,...