The primary purpose of a Junior Coding Consultant is to gain expertise to conduct in-depth audits of physician documentation to ensure accuracy in the areas of national physician code sets, insurance reimbursement and coding compliance issues for all primary care specialties. Actively works toward becoming a Senior Coding Consultant - Level I by working effectively to achieve departmental tasks and goals, and gain expertise in the areas of CPT-4, HCPCS and ICD-9 coding, insurance reimbursement and billing, knowledge of coding compliance issues, and primary care issues as well as medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
Coming to an understanding of the overall revenue cycle billing process and the key roles of various departments and players is also essential. Consultants will also be required to learn to diplomatically and appropriately interface with primary care providers. This position provides opportunities for the consultant to perform primary care audits and education for services provided in hospitals, clinics and physician offices.
The scope of responsibility for this position includes:
This position will work Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week.
- Participation in the primary care coding chart review process
- Participation in the primary care coding education process
- Bachelor's degree or two or more years experience in a healthcare field. Intermountain verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent writing, public presentation and verbal skills
- Must be able to comprehend and present vast amounts of information
- This position will require some travel
- Manual dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Access, AS400, Centricity Business (IDX), Help2, and Electronic Data Warehouse (EDW) systems
- Prefer CPC (Certified Professional Coder) certification. National certification within 1 year of initial hire date is required (if not obtained previously)
- Knowledge and understanding of CPT-4, HCPCS and ICD-9 coding preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare and insurance carrier regulations, insurance reimbursement, billing terminology, and coding compliance issues
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology
- Three or more years experience in consulting, public presentations and/or sales
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 23 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...