Colgate-Palmolive welcomes qualified candidates to apply for our National Account Manager opportunity. In this role, you will:
- Provide effective customer management.
- Manage the financial return.
- Develop cost effective programs.
- Ensure that all Colgate-Palmolive Customer Development fundamentals are optimized including 5P management.
- Formulate a strategic action plan to ensure maximum profitability and opportunities, address problems, customer service, while controlling sales expenses within budgetary constraints.
- Conduct detailed analysis of business trends in each account to include brand share, pricing, promotion levels, and trade class development.
- Flawlessly execute all phases of new item launches including distribution, portfolio management, speed-to-shelf, pricing, placement, and promotional support.
- Lead a cross-functional category team including category management, supply chain, shopper marketing, and finance in delivering the strategic priorities.
- Lead development of long lead, joint, "win-win" business plans (baseline and promotions) covering sales, volume, and profitability at PPG/SKU level, and incorporating customers' objectives and strategy.
- Conduct rigorous pre-evaluation of 5P activities using what-if analysis.
- Present preliminary business plans to customers and refine the plans with their input.
- Allocate total commercial investment for customers into 5P activities aligned with the retail environment/brand strategies.
- Develop action plans to close customer gaps and seek approval from Customer Development Team Leader/consensus meeting.
- Identify ongoing profitability implications of customer plans for customer, and share insights/ solutions with customers (when desirable).
- Update customer plans to reflect changing retail and competitive environment.
- Lead development of action plans to close customer gaps and seek approval from Customer Development Team Leader/ consensus meeting.
- Monitor compliance of 5P activity execution against established agreements/objectives and track interim performance of 5P activities to identify shortfalls/potential upsides against established objectives.
- Identify causes of 5P activities performance, both internal and external to Colgate for Plan Optimization.
- Develop and pre-evaluate corrective action plans for 5P activities; seek approval and execute as required.
- Resolve pricing issues when Hub requires assistance.
- Gain approval from customers to execute 5P activities for customers and attach the Deal Sheets to the events including any revisions.
- Collect information on the external environment (e.g. competitor activity) during the promotion period.
- Conduct post evaluation analysis based on activity details and compare results with pre-evaluation analysis, reconcile any potential differences.
- Identify insights from post evaluation analyses and incorporate learning into future customer/Retail Environment strategy.
- B.A./B.S. Degree, MBA (desired)
- 5-7 years sales supervisory experience
- 2+ years key account experience with a syndicated service (Nielsen, IRI) account
- Consumer product sales industry background (desired)
Colgate Palmolive - 21 months ago
Colgate-Palmolive takes a bite out of grime. The company is a top global maker and marketer of toothpaste and soap and cleaning products....