The primary focus of the Stock Coordinator is to be a customer service and product knowledge expert who is committed to building and sustaining a long term relationship with our customers by providing an environment that enhances the buying experience. Our Stock Coordinators are responsible for the executions of all company defined best practices in the stock room and sales floor. This include replenishment, shipment processing and receiving and maintaining visual standards. Stock Coordinators must adhere to all company guidelines, procedures and applicable state and federal laws to ensure efficient daily operations. They must demonstrate high standards of performance and exhibit those standards. The ability to develop and maintain long term customer relationships is critical.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Help create and maintain a store culture focused on the customer, enhance the buying experience and build relationships that lead to long term business growth; Demonstrate detailed knowledge of all products and services.
- Positively affect profitability in the areas of customer service, sales, inventory/expense control and risk management.
- Responsible for effective implementation of all visual merchandising standards and operational direction. Ensure that standards are being followed including floor sets, cleanliness, marketing, signage and sales promotion. Help create merchandise presentations and displays that have impact, are customer focused and maximize sales.
- Maintains work areas and sales floor standards to promote a safe working and shopping environment and to maximize the guest experience.
- Performs all merchandise handling and visual tasks to standard throughout the store.
- Prepares merchandise to go out onto the sales floor with hangers, size stickers, etc.
- Performs re-ticketing, re-pricing and markdowns as required.
- Performs stock checks for guests and other store associates.
- Maintains appropriate stock levels and ensures that all sizes and styles are represented. Maintains a clean, organized and efficient stockroom while adhering to company standards and safety requirements including bathrooms and associate break areas.
- Protects company assets by ensuring adherence to all Loss Prevention procedures.
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. , together with our subsidiaries, is the largest specialty retailer of big & tall men’s apparel with retail operations throughout the United States and London, England. We operate over 450 stores which include Casual Male XL retail and outlet stores, Rochester Big & Tall stores, Destination XL stores and a direct to consumer business, including catalog and e-commerce sites for B & T Factory Direct, LivingXL.com, and ShoesXL.com. The Company is headquartered in Canton, Massachusetts, and its common stock is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “DXLG.” We pride ourselves on the very best quality merchandise and top-notch customer service. Read below to learn more about our exciting career opportunity!
- Minimum of 1 year of retail experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college or university degree helpful, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal, creative problem solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates superior customer service techniques and experience with problem/complaint resolution.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret company policies and procedures and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong basic math skills and solid computer skills.
- Ability to learn, interpret, apply and retain a variety of instructions and policies and procedures furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Applicants considered for this position will be required to pass a pre-employment assessment and may be required to pass a background check.
Destination XL Group
- 23 months ago - save job