Job Posting Title |
Environmental Engineer - Scientist
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With 2011 revenues of more than $11 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 11,500 staff and 18,500 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify.
Kiewit's Corporate Environmental Department is looking for a Environmental Engineer / Scientist with the following key responsibilities:
• Keep abreast of federal, state and local environmental regulations
• Assist with hazardous incident reports
• Engage with the department and participate with department meetings
• Assist with implementation of environmental programs
This position requires self-awareness and initiative. This individual must be assertive to take on learning activities and grasp developmental opportunities. A successful candidate will be highly motivated and have the ability to build relationships quickly and naturally. These relationships will bring this candidate the credibility needed to operate as a successful business partner within the Kiewit Companies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or related field
• 1 to 7 years’ experience.
• Experience educating in environmental regulations
• Experience conducting environmental presentations
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
• Training and management experience
• Computer skills in Excel, OneSource, Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
• Willing and able to put in the time required to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Some travel may be required
Kiewit Corporation - 2 years ago
Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth of...