Skills: High school (G.E.D.) required. Eighteen Months experience in healthcare with significant MD interaction.
Primary Job Functions
Employee Signature Date
- Facilitates the customer discharge (check out) process. Ensures the collection of patient demographics and insurance information. May collect identified patient financial obligation, arrange method of payment, or resolve account according to standard protocols.
- Ability to review schedule, anticipate errors and take corrective action Support office activities to ensure patient and customer issues are addressed timely. Communicate effectively with physicians, patients and staff. Creates, and maintains the provider scheduling template per established guidelines.
- Answer telephones, takes complete and accurate message and relays information to appropriate party. to support operational aspects of patient care. Able to answer questions regarding hospital and departmental operations, policies and procedures.
- Verifies lab requisition for completeness and accuracy. Reviews lab coding to validate consistency with all aspects of billing requirements. Executes with the patient any necessary paperwork that is required such as ABNs to ensure an accurate claim and support payments for services.
- Retrieves information from files as requested and assembles paperwork and reference material as requested by patients or providers. Responsible for following HIPAA confidentiality guidelines while performing all duties.. Responsible for responding to requests within the scope of the job to include mailing or faxing material to PHS departments and other appropriate facilities.
- Initiates and coordinates correspondence between physicians and patients to include monthly reminders, no show letters, referrals etc.
- Maintains supplies and equipment for department.
- Maintains and fosters effective customer relations with patients, providers and the public by listening, responding, and documenting customer phone and walk-in inquiries and complaints. Attempts to resolve complaints in the moment and enters complaints/compliments into Advocate.
- Schedules patient appointments according to guidelines by providing documentation of scheduled appointments, procedural instructions and location directions. Works in collaboration with Triage Nurse and Providers to monitor daily patient schedule and identify “no shows” for rescheduling. Places reminder calls to patients.
- Able to schedule complex appointments and procedures that require advanced technical skills Performs scheduling to ensure physician, procedure room and equipment availability. Schedules and instructs patients for Out-patient procedures.
- Executes the process necessary to support referrals and authorizations for procedures and medications. This requires interaction with insurance companies and communication with the patients. Supports the accurate and timely compilation and maintenance of medical record documentation for other physician inquiries.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Participate in Process Improvement Teams
- May be responsible for opening and distributing mail.
- Assist with orientation of new staff and providers.
- Performs other functions as required.
Supervisor Signature Date
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Company: 1 Location: 001, 002, 003 Department: All PMG Depts Jobcode: 614350134