The Division Controller manages the accounting, IT, and administrative functions for the division. Supervises professional and/or clerical employees to ensure that the division performs effectively.
- Provides assurances as to the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all accounting results and management reports distributed to District, Region, and Corporate offices.
- Maintains reconciled and fully analyzed financial statements in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
- Provides insight and analytical review to division management through the development of budgets, forecasts and variance reports.
- Establishes and implements internal control procedures.
- Provides management oversight in areas such as customer billing, cash receipts, customer collections, insurance, payroll, accounts payable and other administrative functions.
- Hires, supervises, trains and develops Accounting Process Supervisors, Staff Accountants and accounting support staff.
- Partners with General Manager to assist in running the business.
- Supports regulatory audits and rate reviews.
- Develops and presents all major bids for review by GM.
- Provides insight and analytical review on AR trends, DSO, capital spending, internalization, and other key operating metrics.
- Communicates with and provides leadership to both financial and non-financial employees throughout the division.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit resume and salary requirements by February 25, 2013 by clicking "Apply Now".
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Five years of related accounting experience.
- Two years experience as an accounting manager, staff accountant, or equivalent financial manager.
- MBA and/or CPA designation.
- Waste, transportation, or service industry experience.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Position may require long work hours, including some weekends and holiday work.
- This role generally operates in an office environment in which limited exposure to hazardous working conditions exists. Physical requirements include the ability to operate office equipment, sit for long periods of time throughout the day and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Limited travel may be required.
Republic Services - 12 months ago