Join our team! King County’s Business Resource Center (BRC) is seeking an Oracle EBS Report Developer and BI Administrator who will develop and deliver reports in Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Financials, Oracle Discoverer, and Oracle BI Publisher applications, with a special focus on ad hoc reporting solutions, enterprise wide. The candidate selected for this position will participate in a project to develop, implement and maintain an enterprise business intelligence/ analytics solutions and projects to implement data warehousing solutions. In addition, they will be responsible for all aspects of Oracle Discoverer Administration and may lead other reporting and development efforts. About the BRC The mission of King County’s Business Resource Center is to advance the County’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems (Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft and Hyperion) while providing quality customer support to optimize user experience and value. We strive to be recognized as a trusted leader and partner committed to service excellence by providing strategic, innovative and reliable enterprise business applications and solutions.
We are seeking employees that exhibit core values aligned with those of our Division below: Respect : We listen to and treat others with dignity, caring and fairness by sharing and valuing diversity of opinion and experience. Customer Service : We understand and pro-actively respond to customer requirements and priorities in a collaborative, transparent, and results-oriented manner. Collaboration : We work in partnership, both internally and externally with our customers, to achieve shared goals. Innovation: We encourage and practice forward thinking and creativity while focusing on continuous improvement and embracing new challenges.
Why Work for King County? King County offers an outstanding benefits package including fully paid medical, dental and vision benefits (for the entire family), 12 paid holidays, competitive paid vacation and sick leave, life insurance, free transportation passes, access to the building gym, participation in the State’s Public Employees Retirement Plan (PERS) and much more. Please see the Benefits tab in this recruitment or visit our website to learn about King County’s commitment to employee’s health and well-being: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/ .
Additional to note: There is no local or state income tax in Washington State. Required Materials: King County Application, Resume (submitted with application) and responses to the supplemental questions.
For questions about this recruitment contact : Margie Viall at 206-263-1060 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
- Administer the Discoverer reporting tool including creating, managing and administering the End User Layer (EUL), enhancements to the business areas, preparation and maintenance of data dictionaries and system documentation and control of access privileges.
- Develop, test, deploy, and maintain Oracle BI Publisher and Discoverer reports for the E-Business Suite finance system. Consult with internal and external customers to identify business and technical requirements. Propose design alternatives based on knowledge of Oracle EBS functionality, its data schema and its technical capabilities. Prepare technical specifications for assigned development objects.
- Provide production support for BI Reporting including troubleshooting issues, data modeling, data warehousing, tuning report performance and system performance, and resolving technically complex software defects.
- Provide accurate estimates on design, build, and delivery times for new development requests and defect resolution. Manage quality control and delivery schedule of development work and related tasks.
- Prepare, present and communicate data analysis results to Reporting Users Group and other audiences, provide technical and financial reporting expertise to Reporting Users Group and other audiences.
- Participate in user training activities for reporting which may include developing reports and training materials and report documentation, providing training and guidance to users and serving as an ongoing resource to users.
- Participate on system implementation and upgrade teams which may include analyzing proposed changes and recommending strategies for implementation and design of logical or physical data structures for reporting purposes and ensuring data/report integrity for installing and conversion processes.
- Participate in the development of data warehousing programs and other reporting projects.
Required : * 4 or more years of experience as a system administrator of an enterprise wide financial reporting system which includes ad hoc reporting * 2 or more years of experience developing Oracle EBS financial reports using Oracle Discoverer or Oracle BI Publisher (stand-alone application) or Oracle XML Publisher * Expert level proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL and the ability to write and debug complex SQL and PL/SQL statements * Advanced knowledge of large-scale relational databases, their design, construction and use in end user systems * Strong knowledge of financial concepts and accounting practices, and professional experience in two or more of the following financial areas: General Ledger; Accounts Payable; Accounts Receivable; Purchasing; Inventory; Cash Management; Projects/Grants; Fixed Assets; Order Management; Procurement, Personal Expense accounts * Demonstrated understanding of different development methodologies and the software development life cycle (SDLC), and the ability to perform quality control and system testing practices during the design, build, and delivery of development objects * Ability to gather requirements from financial system users, and to translate into technical designs in clear and concise language. * Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills and ability to convey technical information to non-technical users * Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and demonstrated ability to work productively with staff at all levels and internal and external clients from diverse backgrounds Desired : * Experience acting as Discoverer Administrator * Professional experience implementing data warehousing solutions to support Business Intelligence/Business Analytics reporting * Experience with public sector financial reporting requirements
- Experience developing interfaces between production enterprise systems across different platforms
Work Schedule & Location : This position is full time, exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not overtime-eligible. The employee will normally work a 40-hour workweek; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at the King County Chinook Building in downtown Seattle and may be required to work extended and/or flex scheduled work hours to respond to service needs.
Union Membership : This position is represented by the Professional and Technical Employees, Local 17-Information Technology bargaining unit. Recruitment Process : The most competitive applicants will be invited to an in-person interview. A final offer of employment and hire will be contingent on successfully completing a criminal background check and reference check.
King County - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard
King County provides regional services to over 1.9 million residents including more than 340,000 people living in unincorporated areas....