Title: Business Analyst ( Analytic and BI )
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Length: 6+ months ( likely to extend further )
Rate: DOE ( Competitive )
* Start date is ASAP
* Local candidates are strongly preferred
* Quick closure.
* 8+ years of experience in software industry
* 3+ yrs of experience in analytics & data visualization projects.
* 3+ yrs of experience in data warehousing/data modeling/data analysis.
* Some experience preparing data architecture/data flow diagrams/FSD ( functional specification document) will be required.
* Basic understanding of network protocols like SMTP/TCP/IP, DNS required.
* Basic understating of network related terms will be good.
* Some experience with big data (HBase)/Teradata will be plus.
* Excellent communication/collaboration skill will be key to be successful.
* Experience with Tableau will be plus however not required.
Client is building their custom Visualization Tools - Similar to Xcelcius, Qlik View, Tableau, Xcelsius etc
Prepare functional specification document (FSD) from Epics in Jira. FSD will be consumed by product engineering team to build analytics platform & also data visualization layer for the product. FSD will need to be prepared after careful understanding of current/future system architecture of the product
* Be a liaison between product managers & engineering team.
* Work closely with architects/engineering team to understand technical/system architecture for BI & analytics product.
* Work with product managers to understand their requirements/expectations/wish list about the product.
* Understand & analyze high level requirements (Epics) in Jira.
* Visualize what end product will/should look like & discuss/confirm with product managers/engg team about their understanding.
* Identify & bring up possible issues from end user/technical implementation perspective to product manager.
* Understand data organization in data layer.
* Prepare FSD for every EPIC/dashboard with highest possible details for engineering team.
* Use previous BI/analytics/big data knowledge/experience to prepare FSD/bring up issues with product manager/engineering team.
* Work with data UX/UI teams closely & help them prepare mockups/screens/prototypes for the product.
* Understand system components to prepare data flow diagrams for every use case in an EPIC.