Coordinate and facilitate enrollment and education meetings for plan participants of employer-sponsored retirement plans
Assist in overseeing the enrollment process of plans
Help plan participants understand the significance of enrolling in their company’s retirement plan, feel confident about the investment decisions they need to make for their future and assist them in learning to use Nationwide’s website, voice response telephone system and participant statements to better manage their retirement accounts
Focus on plan retention by facilitating and delivering Quarterly Check-up meetings and Annual Plan Review meetings with Financial Advisors, Third Party Administrators & Plan Sponsors
Develop, grow and maintain relationships with Financial Advisors and Third Party Administrators
Partner with Financial Advisors to properly position Nationwide products and solutions
Execute territory sales goals and strategies
Collaborate with Regional Vice Presidents and other members of our Nationwide Team of Specialists
Prior sales experience
Financial Services and/or Investment experience
Strong communication skills
Series 6 or 7 license required, able to obtain 63 and 65/66 as part of position
Demonstrates strong relationship building skills
Self-starter, strong work ethic, highly motivated
Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities
Ability to self-manage sales activity and focus on defined sales process
Lives Nationwide Values
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for coordinating and providing enrollment / educational meetings focused on encouraging participation in the company sponsored retirement plan. Facilitates the signing of legal documents necessary to establish new business. Provides plan sponsor orientation meetings to introduce the plan sponsor to Nationwides websites and proper procedures for payroll processing. Conducts ongoing education sessions to reinforce the benefits of plan participation and to increase penetration in the established plans. Holds yearly service meetings with the plan sponsor and/or advisor to communicate Nationwide enhancements, as well as address service related issues.
RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Manager. No direct reports.
1. Schedules and conducts initial enrollment meetings aimed at educating plan sponsors and potential plan participants on the value of investing, as well as maximizing plan participation levels.
2. Facilitates legal document signing with Plan Sponsor, Advisor, and Administrator.
3. Completes an orientation designed to introduce Nationwide systems and payroll processing procedures to the plan sponsor after their case has been established with Nationwide. Provides training to various parties on all plan sponsor, participant, and advisor support tools, as well as Nationwide websites and systems.
4. Delivers the following annual meetings: A plan sponsor service visit, educational presentations, and a re-enrollment meeting. Increases plan sponsor knowledge of basic investment benefits and communicates Nationwide enhancements, increases deferral percentages of the plan participants, and increases participation levels of eligible employees.
5. Presents information on money management accounts and increases enrollment in these types of accounts.
6. Increases business retention by developing and maintaining Advisor relationships. Resolves service issues to help maintain relationship.
7. Assists in training PPA representatives to deliver enrollment and education sessions consistent with the Nationwide standard.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in business or finance or related fields preferred.
Licenses/Designations: NASD Series 6 required; Series 63 depending on state requirements.
Associates must obtain the required Federal and/or state licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit. Additional licenses/registrations may be required when new products and services are implemented. If an associate fails or is unable to obtain required licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit, the associate will be ineligible to continue in the position.
Experience: Three to four years in the financial services industry, to include retirement services. Experience managing relationships in a territory and servicing a geographical territory required.
Knowledge: Must have in-depth understanding of the retirement plan business. Must be able to exhibit complete knowledge and understanding of all legal documents.
Skills/Competencies: Excellent presentation / verbal, and written communication skills. Time management, technical, and negotiation skills; ability to learn and execute Nationwide processes and procedures.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: BU Executive, and HR Consultant.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt).
Working Conditions: Working from a home office set-up. Requires extensive travel within, and on occasion outside of the assigned territory.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.