Senior Programmer (Job Number: 323934)
The Integrated Systems Group of SAIC (future Leidos) is looking for a talented Senior Programmer in Suitland, MD to join a large technical team working to develop and integrate customized software solutions that address tough challenges in a complex environment. Candidate will become part of a great team in the Exploitation Technologies Division, under SAIC’s National Security Sector, that provides advanced products and services to a leading Intelligence Community customer in the Washington DC Metro area. Provide design, development, integration, and testing services for intelligence systems.
- Lead a team of Junior to Mid-Level Software Programmers
- Support design, development, integration, testing, and fielding of new and existing software
- Assist in planning and coordinating all activities related to requirements gathering, design, development, and implementation of client information systems and software applications
- Ensure development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Participate in pretesting phase of development by evaluating proposed technical solutions and requirements in order to identify potential problem areas and make the appropriate recommendations
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications
- Apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to work with the Application Development Lead on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of client oriented, mission-critical information and software systems
- Liaise with Software Engineers to assist with quality assurance and documentation.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Experience with CMMI ML3 and/or ISO: 9001-2008
- Strong skills in Service Oriented Architectures design and development with at least one of C#, C++, and/or JAVA
- Well-developed technical writing/editing and oral communication skills, and be able to interact and present comfortably and professionally with customers
- 6+ years of related experience
- Active TS/SCI
- Security+ certification
- Experience with Cloud Technologies such as Hadoop, Accumulo, and Map Reduce
- Experience in Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and SSL 3 encryption
- Experience using Eclipse, Subversion, Hudson/Jenkins, Maven, and/or Ant
- Windows and/or Linux environments
- Knowledge of current Intelligence Community and DoDIIS information technology and security standards and practices
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Apr 11, 2013, 9:32:12 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-CAMP SPRINGS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...