Position Title: IT- Business Analyst FLSA Status: (Exempt)
Reporting to: Applications Development Manager EEO Category: (2)
Job Status: Full time
Summary: The IT Business Analyst, working with business owners, users and vendors formulates and defines business requirements, process changes, and solution alternatives and works within Information Technology to develop solutions to meet business needs through research and fact-finding, combined with a basic understanding of business processes and technology systems and RS Medical business requirements. Relationships include developing and maintaining communication with/between IT customers, IT team and technology vendors.
- Acts as the primary liaison between the financial user community and the technical development staff.
- Formulates and defines information system needs of RS Medical and users, through research and fact-finding.
- Develops documentation of business and user needs, including Functional Specifications.
- Participates in the preparation of work project plans.
- Participates in integration testing and drives and coordinates end user acceptance testing.
- Participates in facilitating evaluations, installations, and training users on PC hardware and applications.
- Applies problem solving abilities on a routine basis with little or no supervision.
- Capable of researching information above and beyond information directly presented.
- Analyzes data to determine trends, identify possible courses of action and recommend an appropriate course of action.
- Assists users with reporting and application support. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Decision Making Authority:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, business, or equivalent is required.
- Three or more years of business analyst experience in an IT environment.
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented design and techniques in support of this.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and systems development life cycle. Solid skills in writing Scope, Functional Requirements, Test Plans, and Use Cases.
- Proven experience working with financial business owners.
- Capable of understanding general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable (billing) applications. Working knowledge of balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements in a health care environment. Ability to track general ledger transactions through system and understand the categorization of assets, liabilities, revenue and expense items.
- Solid skills in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and ability to write TSQL in support of creating reports.
- Familiarity with MDX and experience creating SSRS reports based on Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services cubes.
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint and MS Project).
General office environment that will include frequent or continuous periods of talking, sitting, fingering, repetitive motions of the hands/wrists, reaching, grasping and handling. This position also requires occasional bending, squatting, standing, and walking. Pushing, pulling lifting and carrying of up to 10 lbs. is required on an occasional basis. Good general vision and hearing are needed. Moderate travel may be required.
RS Medical - 3 years ago
For more than twenty years, RS Medical has delivered leading clinical tools and procedure products, equipping the care of more than one...