If youre looking for an exciting career opportunity with a fast-paced, dynamic organization, youve come to the right place! Headquartered in West Los Angeles, CA with three campuses in the Greater Los Angeles area, and a growing Online Campus, ICDC College aims to provide its students with the practical tools required in todays job market. At ICDC College, you will work alongside a stellar team of passionate professionals committed to providing a platform for our students and faculty to shine.
Since 1995, ICDC College has built a solid foundation of success from the contributions of talented and unique individuals. We are currently seeking to build upon that support, and have immediate opportunities for those who are self-motivated, goal-focused, possess a tremendous work ethic and have a passion for helping others. As part of ICDC College, youll have many opportunities for professional growth and a chance to be part of a fast-paced culture that works daily towards being the best.
Our Financial Aid Team has an immediate opening for a Financial Aid Advisor!
The primary responsibility of the Financial Aid Advisor is to assist students in applying for Financial Aid, explaining the options available and determine what aid is necessary. This is done while offering excellent customer service and maintaining compliance with all State, Federal and internal rules and regulations.
As a Financial Aid Advisor, you will:
- Counsel and advise students about their financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, costs, indebtedness, money management and financial planning. In your role, youll need to individualize information to the particular needs and situation of the student.
- Work with the Director of Financial Aid to meet objectives and to achieve long-range goals within the FA department; prepare reports as necessary.
- Assists students in proper completion/modification of FAFSA application and other required documentation, including loan applications and institutional forms.
- Create and maintain all student financial aid files, including initial award letters and budgets and any update documentation as a result in change of status or eligibility.
- Answers questions, inquiries, or requests from students, parents, or guardians over the phone regarding financial aid programs and eligibility.
- Assists with other financial and activities such as outreach, reporting and monitoring.
- Minimum AA degree in the related field or equivalent two years of recent work experience in Finance and Accounting or related field.
- Prior Financial Aid experience, or experience working in a Financial Aid environment.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently and interact effectively as a member of a team to work collaboratively with other departments.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills.
- Reliability and attention to detail.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Skilled in both verbal and written communication.
- Must have the ability and willingness to learn.
We are a successful career college with several locations in Southern California and are building a dynamic team to support our students and faculty. This position offers a competitive salary plus benefits and real potential for growth.
ICDC College is an equal opportunity employer by both policy and practice and subscribes to federal and state laws which forbid discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, disability or any other legally protected status.
CareerBuilder - 15 months ago