Gas Maintenance & Construction
Responsible for supervising a team of employees performing skilled craft work.
- Manage the work through a team of electric or gas craft employees, ensuring compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements and alignment with company values.
- Ensure that work is executed safely as planned, including managing daily exceptions.
- Monitor compliance to standards and specifications, to achieve high quality work the first time done. Develop action plans to address deficiencies in process or employee skill/knowledge and track the progress of those plans.
- Complete and maintain all work documentation or reporting.
- Communicate business goals and objectives to the work group.
- Effectively utilize resources by monitoring crew productivity.
- Identify and pursue productivity improvements and implement work practices to reduce operating costs while meeting corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Develop the business knowledge and technical skills of field employees. Foster teamwork with all other company work groups.
- Ensure that customers' needs and expectations are met; ensure clear, professional, proactive communication with customers.
- Fully implement and hold subordinates accountable for safety best practices and adherence to the safety accountability model. Ensure full compliance with the Injury & Illness Prevention Program, working closely with the Safety Program Coordinator.
- Facilitate weekly team meetings/tailboards; may conduct training as needed.
- Dispatch work to each employee in accordance with mandated compliance dates and regulations; review A Forms for accuracy
- Review Leak Survey maps and logs for accuracy and completeness.
- Lead root-cause investigations on all PG&E at-fault dig-ins.
- Oversee and maintain the Gas Operator Qualification (OQ) Program. Maintain craft qualification records for employees, such as welding and plastic fusion as required by CPUC.
- Ensure compliance of: 1) grading of leaks and 2) testing all tools and equipment associated with M&L or Leak Survey as required by CPUC.
- Regular travel to projects and to visit employees in the field within assigned geographic area.
- Conduct emergency on-call; work unusual hours in emergency situations.
3 years of journey-level experience in the Distribution/Construction electric or gas field.
Lead experience, e.g. as a crew foreman.
Working knowledge of the IBEW Contract.
Knowledge of the California Public Utility Commission General Orders (GO) 95, 128, 165 and/or 112E
General computer skills in Word and Excel along with daily routine experience of e-mail communications.
Supplemental coursework in related technical area or management.
Demonstrate the ability to perform effectively under deadlines and in emergency situations.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
PG&E Corp - 4 years ago
copy to clipboard
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...