Sr Analyst Technical Vendor Mgmt - Bensenville, IL/Chicago, IL - K.B.-INF000339
Oversee and manage multi-sourcing vendor relationships maintained and managed within the Application Development team. Work closely with leadership, business partners, and Vendor representatives to develop, understand, and collaborate on Vendor delivered solutions and be able to support those once deployed. Ensure the technical responsibilities (i.e. disaster recovery) and obligations of the contracts are adhered to by the vendor.
The Sr. Analyst, IS Technical Vendor Mgmtis NOT expected to know all of the skills listedat any given point in their career. The critical skills willdepend on his/her specific responsibilities within IS organization. Instead, this list includes typical skills that may be required to be demonstrated over the course of this role.
- Responsible for identifying new technology solutions for defining and managing the process for researching, collecting, tracking, monitoring and reporting service level metrics related to I/S Vendor Service levels.
- Partners with the I/S Vendor Management, I/S Business Process Management, Business Vendor Management, and Product Management teams providing input into defining technical requirements and SLAs within contracts.
- Analyzes the information, and ensures that vendor is meeting their expectations as defined in the contract(s) with respect to SLAs and other contract specific technology related tasks.
- Partners with I/S Vendor Management, I/S Business Process Management, Business Vendor Management, and Product Management teams and assists with ensuring that the time/cost estimates from the vendor are in line with expectations.
- Responsible for defining and managing the process and tools for tracking the progress of all issues and reporting status of issues, root cause, etc.
- Influences and Negotiates with Vendor on cost, timelines, technical requirements, SLAs, incident resolutions and follow ups, release schedules, etc.
- Provide escalation paths for all parties as they relate to the Vendor.
- Represent the vendor in lifecycle activities such as Release, Change, and Incident management areas within I/S.
- Understand the vendor agreement renewal/termination calendar.
- Understands the master agreement tracking document/software.
- Ensures that all agreements and related documents are reviewed from a technology perspective.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of information used by I/S Vendor Management as input into annual planning or where performance improvements are needed.
- Participates with I/S Vendor Management, I/S Business Process Management, Business Vendor Management, and Product Management teams in the Vendor score-carding process.
- Partners with I/S Vendor Management, I/S Business Process Management, Business Vendor Management, and Product Management teams to ensure a cohesive representation to the Vendor.
- Participate in vendor meetings.
- Escalates issues around contracts appropriately to I/S Vendor Management team.
- Participates fully in any contract work or project work as it relates to the assigned Vendors.
- Act as a technical resource for the Vendor and assist with navigation through the USCC technology infrastructure.
- Understands the end to end solution and helps support the USCC and Vendor Solution.
- Responds to vendor calls and inquiries as needed.
- Other related activities as assigned by the Senior Manager or Director of Application Development, Testing, and Maintenance.
- College degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience in technical vendor management, procurement or other related field.
- Ability to Influence and Negotiate
- Ability to work in a highly visible and fast paced environment.
- Willingness to participate in agreement negotiations and vendor performance monitoring.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Technical aptitude around systems and the development life cycle.
- Knowledge of at least one applicable programming language/design technique.
- Demonstrated ability to define and manage processes.
- Knowledge of industry best practices in vendor management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- Telecommunications/Wireless industry experience a plus
Relevant Technical Skills
Typical Career Progression
- Business Applications: Billing & Rating, Activation & Provisioning, Inventory Management, Sales & Marketing, Campaign Management, Deal Compensation/Sales Commission, CRM/Customer Service, Amdocs Ensemble, Portal Intranet
- Office Automation: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook versions 2003 or higher.
- Planning and Design: Project & Visio
- Software Engineering: Tuxedo, Eclipse, C, PowerBuilder, PL-SQL, SQL Plus
- eSkills: HTML/CSS, Java/JSP, J2EE, XML, Web Logic
- Databases: Oracle
- Integration Technologies: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), MQ Series
- Standards & Methodology: SDLC, Agile
Job : Information Technology
- Lateral move to Senior Application Developer
- Lateral move or Advancement to Application, Solution, or Enterprise Architecture
- Lateral move or Advancement to Vendor Management
- Alternate roles: I/S Vendor Manager, Project Management
Location(s) : Illinois-Bensenville
Monster - 7 months ago
United States Cellular takes calls from sea to shining sea. Doing business as U.S. Cellular, the company provides wireless phone service to...