This position is responsible for working closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions for distributed applications. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organizations architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations. This is a Jr. level position with expectations for making individual contributions in a team setting. Has experience in systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies. Position requires on-call availability for 24-hour period according to business needs.
1) Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
2) Knowledge of programming/systems analysis experience.
3) Performs routine assignments in the entry level to a professional role
4) Typically requires a college or university degree OR the equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts
5) Receives significant instruction, guidance and direction from others
6) Uses existing procedures to solve routine or basic problems
7) Learns needed skills by performing assigned work
8) Learns to work autonomously
NOTE: Visa Sponsorship or Visa Transfer is not available.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Familiar with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) workflow/process and tools
2. Familiar with Agile methodology and SCRUM framework
3. Course work in one or more of the following:
b. Spring MVC
d. Relational databases and queries (MS SQL, Oracle, DB2, MySQL)
h. HTML Servlets
i. Unix/Batch Scripting
j. RAD/Eclipse IDE/My Eclipse Blue/STS
k. Source Control CVS or Serena Dimensions
l. Business Rules Management Systems - IBM JRules
m. Vendor Analytics Tools - SAS
n. Builds/Deployments/Releases - IBM Build Forge
o. Graphical User Interface development
4. Experience with Unix and Linux environments
5. Experience gathering, documenting and analyzing user requirements and turning those requirements into technical specs
6. Testing and defect tracking of software to insure quality (unit/system)
1. Ability and eagerness to learn quickly
2. Self-driven/ Self-motivated
3. Ability to work independently as well as with a team
4. Effective planning, problem solving and analytical skills
5. Ability to manage time effectively with results, based on assigned tasks
6. Ability to comprehend complex business processes and logic to support deliverables.
We are committed to maintaining a work environment that is safe and secure and where we treat each other with honesty, dignity, and respect....