Position Overview/Job Responsibilities
Genentech Government Affairs’ Public Policy and Reimbursement team is seeking a qualified policy manager/senior policy manager candidate to monitor and analyze numerous public payer activities and trends, including coverage, coding, and payment policies at the national level for both Medicare and Medicaid.
Specifically, the policy manager/senior policy manager will help recognize, assess, and communicate key policy issues that may impact Genentech and the biotechnology industry in both the short- and long-term to key internal and external stakeholders. He or she will focus on the impact of public sector trends and initiatives on Genentech with respect to patient access, reimbursement, and customer satisfaction. He or she will translate policy developments into meaningful guidance and strategic advice and will represent the Public Policy team at internal and external meetings. He or she also will be responsible for managing projects effectively and efficiently, and will be required to take initiative to identify key issues and help organize and assist the efforts of other team members as appropriate.
- A BA or BS is required; a graduate degree (MS, MPH, MPP, JD or MBA) is strongly preferred.
- Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 8 years of relevant post-college healthcare policy experience (examples include key government agencies such as HHS, CMS, CBO, OMB, or FDA; Congress; healthcare consulting firms; pharmaceutical, biotechnology, managed care or other healthcare industries; or patient, provider or trade associations).
- Experience working at or directly with CMS is preferred.
- Candidates should have an advanced understanding of the federal regulatory processes, federal regulatory bodies that monitor and implement the health programs, healthcare policy development, and the administrative structure of funding sources for government agencies.
- An advanced understanding of public payer (Medicare/Medicaid/340B program) coverage, coding, and payment policies is also required.
- Candidates should also have experience in oncology, or have the ability to quickly learn the science of this disease state, the product markets, business and patient needs.
Roche - 16 months ago
Roche is on a medicinal roll. The company operates two segments, pharmaceuticals and diagnostics, and sells its products in some 180...