Responsible for the security, inventory, and maintenance of the facility armory including all firearms, other security equipment, chemical agents and key control.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the safe handling of all firearms, chemical agents and ammunition.
- Ensures compliance with all rules, regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to key control. May assist in the development and implementation of updated policies, procedures and regulations for the custody, security and/or treatment of inmates/detainees. Reviews staff effectiveness and conducts frequent physical inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensures all equipment is issued and signed for on the Arsenal equipment issue log. Responsible for maintaining records and preparing reports as assigned by management. Maintains daily logs as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- One (1) year of experience in a correctional facility with responsibility for direct supervision over inmates/detainees or an equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Working knowledge of firearms, firearm safety, and key control procedures.
- Must have a proven work history with sound abilities to write communication documents, policies and other required written correspondence.
The GEO Group, Inc. - 2 years ago
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is the world's leading provider of correctional, detention, and community reentry services with 106 facilities,...